I forgot it was the 12th until after I dropped the kids off at school. But our morning was a typical one: Breakfast, lunches packed, back packs ready. Eric drops Megan off at seminary in the morning, and I drop off Jackson and Sadie. Eric's work truck had been vandalized in front of our home (I know!) so he came with me to drop off the youngest two, and then I drove him (just around the corner) to pick up his truck at the auto body shop.
Transferring of work paraphernalia from one car to the other:
I happened to have an awful cold so after getting home I ate some breakfast, took some Sudafed and Ibuprofen, and then sat down on the couch to rest and watch T.V. while I waited for the medicine to kick in. I watched "Fixer Upper" (I love that show) and about half way in I got a phone call from Amy. Miraculously after the phone call the medicine kicked in and I was able to go about my daily business (i.e. cleaning the house).
I also spent some time working on my baseball "Team Mom" duties. Not one ounce of me wanted to be team mom, but NO ONE volunteered, so I said if absolutely no one else could do it I would.
It's kind of a lot of work:
My 6 hours home alone flew by and soon it was time to pick up Megan from school. I generally drive her home since it is so close, but on this day we ran some errands.
First to get gas:
I know, I know. The awesomeness is overwhelming.
And then to get some groceries. Vitamin water is Megan's school lunch drink of choice. Sadie's is V8 (she LOVES it), while Jackson's is a fruit/vegetable juice box. (I try to avoid the high fructose corn syrup at all costs. A few years ago I would buy the Capri Sun flavored waters thinking they were a healthier alternative, only to find out that they too have high fructose corn syrup in them! Oy vey!).
Then it was time to pick up the little ones:
Sadie is generally in an angry mood right after school (she is still adjusting to being there all day), but after a snack and a little decompressing time (usually on my bed) she recovers.
Have I mentioned that little league is consuming our lives? On this particular day Jackson had practice at 5. We were rushing to get out the door so Jackson and Sadie ate their dinner on the way:
While Jackson had practice, Sadie also practiced. Initially I played catch with her, but since I am afraid of the ball she eventually decided to play by herself:
She has a passion for baseball and wants to play catch ALL OF THE TIME.
Sadie, Sarah Selfie:
Jackson's team is just plain cute. It melts my heart when they all go down on one knee to hear instructions from their coaches:
After practice we stopped to get ice cream:
Then we headed home and waited from Eric and Megan to arrive. They had been at the Friday night youth session of stake conference.
Mutual adoration:
Good, busy, active day.
No comments:
Post a Comment