The highly anticipated 4th grade field trip to go rafting on the Colorado River happened during the first part of May. Eric really, really, really wanted to go but unfortunately so did a lot of other parents, so his name was not chosen (apparently there was a lottery of sorts, i.e. drawing names out of a hat).
On the bus:
Jackson was thrilled that his teacher let friends be in the same groups, and especially happy that he got to sit next to Carson on the bus. Apparently on a field trip earlier this year he had to sit next to a girl who slept the entire time.
They loaded the kids onto rafts by Hoover Dam and sent them on down the river. At this point in the tour the river captain/tour guide told the kids, "You better get your cameras out so you can take your dam (damn) pictures." Jackson found it equal parts shocking and amusing.
Apparently no one knows how these palm trees ended up at this particular spot:
Wildlife:
Look how totally cute:
It swelled my heart to see him taking selfies. I have trained him so well.
A chaperone ended up taking these for them:
After arriving back at the school:
They seemed to all have a great time, and no one was sunburned. Success!
5 comments:
Oh my goodness, how fun! I just got a new phone that lets me see the photo as I am taking it. Selfies, here I come :) I've got to get it in gear in a fourth grader is out selfie-ing me! What a fun adventure, they'll be talking about that trip for years to come!
I am so impressed with Jackson's pictures! You have taught him very well! I got Carson's pictures back and they are not so great! I guess once you take the camera under water it makes all the pictures foggy, so thank you for sharing Jackson's with us!
So cute! I would love to go do that...we should do it with our Adventure Angels group!
What a cool field trip!
What a cool field trip!
Post a Comment