Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pinewood Derby 2014

Another year, another pinewood derby. Once again Jackson had a vision for his car, and executed it well. After cutting it out and getting it painted they (Eric & Jackson) hung it up to dry:
 
 
Then Seahawksafied it. They printed Seahawks logo's and symbols onto sticker paper and stuck them on:
 
 
Finishing wheel touches:
 
 
His competition:
 
 
Jackson named his car "The 12th Man":
 
 
Then they raced!
 
 
During the races Jackson's car came in first once, second twice and third once. Which put him 8th out of 18 cars! I count that as a success.
 
 
 The derby seems a bit luck based. It just seems weird that you can make two cars the exact same way, and they can weigh the same amount (like the Noble twins) and one can win first place and the other one comes in 12th. I don't understand it.
 
My favorite pinewood derby building boys:
 
 
Only one more derby year left.

3 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

I love the original design of Jackson's car. So creative! I will keep the sticker idea in mind for next year. 8 out of 18 is great! I am still cracking up about the Noble twins. Someone is loved more...

chercard said...

Looked like Cody Noble was way into it...lol

Rachael said...

I am so curious who won...text me.
Cute car though!