Wednesday, May 14, 2014

12 X 12 - May 2014

Monday morning! I woke up late (no big surprise) so we were scurrying to get out the door on time. Jackson forgot his book (no big surprise) so while waiting for him to go back in the house to get it, I stood at the door with it wide open. Tucker was being extra good by just sitting by it, but I know that in his heart of hearts, he wanted to run out:
 
 
School drop-off. One of my favorite parts of the day. Not because I am excited about alone time (ok I am a little excited about alone time), but because it swells my heart to see them walking in together. I find it precious.
 
 
I went home to clean the house and get ready for the day. Soon it was time for Kinder pick-up. Another favorite part of my day. This year has been a big PAIN IN THE BUTT for pick ups and drop off, but I have LOVED picking Sade up everyday. We had errands to run, but Sade and I first stopped to have lunch at Great Harvest. While at lunch Sade told me she had a "GREAT DAY" at school. They have a new class rabbit which she got to hold. Someone brought in a snake, which she got to put around her neck (she was one of two kids who would do it). AND...Her job was pet control (hilarious) which means she was in charge of feeding crickets to the lizard, "Little Ricky", the birds (I can't remember their names) and the frogs (their names also escape me). She was thrilled!
 
 
I had a gift card to use (Thanks Rachael!), but ended up forgetting to use it until after I paid for our sandwiches. I hate when I do that! But it just meant that I was able to use it to buy bread instead. Woo-Hoo!
 
(And Rachael, my gift card didn't work either, but happily they just typed the amount in, and honored it. So crazy).
 
Our first stop was to pick-up Megan's registration packet from Northwest. We have to decide really, really soon what high school she is going to go to and I can't begin to describe the amount of stress it is causing me. It seems like one of those decisions that will have major effects and I am worried about making the wrong choice. She is choosing between Losee and Northwest. They both have major pros and cons, and those pros and cons are opposite each other. We really don't know what to do. So if you want to offer advice, please do!
 
 
After running to a few stores, Sade and I headed home. I checked the mail and discovered my Younique lashes had arrived. I was determined not to try them, but after everyone and their dog ordered them I found I wanted some too.  I haven't tried them yet, but do like how they look on other people. I hope I can figure them out.
 
 
And the case is fancy. I'm sure that's why their $30. Right?
 
We had a few minutes before picking up Meg from school, so Sade watched some T.V. She's cute:
 
 
Middle school pick-up!
 
 
Jackson was staying after school for track practice, so we went back home. Sometimes at this time of day tiredness overtakes me, and Monday was one of those days. So I went to do some reading in bed, which almost led to a short nap. I had to fight to keep my eyes open.
 
 
Track pick-up:
 
 
After basketball I determined that I would never, not ever, do another sport through the school. But Jackson is so good at track and loves it so much, I made an exception. Mistake. After collecting our money, they informed us they were changing track meets from Saturday mornings at nine, to Saturday afternoons between 2 and 7. Then they told us instead of having four meets, they were just going to do three. And then yesterday they told us they were probably going to just do one, if any! And they are not giving us our money back! I hate confrontation, but in this case I think I have to address it.
 
For dinner I picked up Pizza Hut:
 
 
FYI: On Monday's you can get 3 topping, Medium pizzas for $6 each! Carry out only.
 
After dinner Megan did some shadow hula-hooping:
 
 
And then we went to Craig Ranch park for some scootering, soccer playing and dog walking:
 
 
And then tragedy struck.
 
The kids and I decided to see who could make it around a certain circular area the fastest. On a scooter. The kids went first. They had somewhat respectable times of under a minute. But I KNEW I could beat them. So.......I went sort of crazy, broke the sound barrier, and then.....Lost complete control, fell, skidded, and became immobilized for at least 5 minutes. I couldn't get up. My elbow and wrist took the brunt of my fall.
 
Bonus picture:
 
 
By the amount of pain it caused I feel like this picture should have a bone sticking out of it, but alas it does not. Anyway....By the next day my elbow was swollen (like 3 times the size of my other elbow), bruised, and my hand and fingers were numb.
 
 I have an updated picture but it is on my phone and I don't want to download it. You're welcome.
 
So last night Eric took me to the Emergency Room. Where 4 1/2 hours later we discovered it wasn't broken! Hallelujah! I'm supposed to wear a sling (which I am not wearing), take antibiotics for infection from the contusion, and take pain pills. The numbness is apparently being caused by the trauma to the nerve endings in the elbow.
 
The Great Scooter Injury of 2014. Embarrassing.

4 comments:

chercard said...

Ouch! I'm glad it wasn't broken but still looks so painful!!

And the track fiasco makes me so mad and I'm not even involved! They had better refund your money!

The Baughman Family said...

Oh my word, what a day! I am sorry about the high school drama. Megan is such a great girl that she will do wonderfully at any school she goes to! I am again glad that I am not involved in the school sports program. I would be really ticked by all the changes. I like going to a charter school and don't really know much about the school district but it seems like I am constantly bringing money with me to the school. Maybe next year I'll keep a running log of how much I donate to them in a year. I'm sure you will get some line about how much the school needs the money and can't refund your track money. I am so behind I haven't even heard of Younique lashes. That elbow looks awful!! I'm glad it's not broken! I once had to get an x-ray of my elbow from running full speed into a wall while playing racquetball. At least your wipeout was cool :)

Kellie DeMille said...

Sorry that last huge long comment was me. Hate, hate, hate when people are on my computer!

Rachael said...

Oh I wish Eric would have caught it on video!!!! I am sooo happy to hear that it is not broken though!!!! How is it feeling?
A few other things:
Weird that the GH GC didn't work....I swear I PAID for them!!!! On Thursdays they have caramel apple bread...its amazing. Its even better to make French Toast out of!
I feel bad for your HS dilemma! I was slightly relieved that Alexis didn't get in last year so we didn't have to make a decision! And I am sooo happy that she is at Shadow Ridge!
So how are you liking the Younique? I really really like them!!!
What book are you reading? I'm reading Fault in Our Stars...when Alexis is done with it you can read it. Movie coming out soon!