After awakening on Day 2 we did a little shopping and then went and saw "The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty" which we all really enjoyed. I find myself hearkening back to scenes from the movie and feeling inspired all over again. I also should mention that the tickets were only $1.50 a piece!!! Cheap movie theaters rank right up there with fry sauce about the things I miss about Utah.
Anyway......I was THRILLED to discover that Monster Jam was taking place in SLC the weekend we were in town. I have been wanting to take the kids for years, but because Las Vegas always hosts the finals, and tickets are so expensive for that particular event, it has never worked out. But when you go to Monster Jam in different cities it is downright affordable.
Everyone else didn't share my enthusiasm, but I just knew that after experiencing it first hand they would be converted.
Monster Jam Saturday Night!
Countdown to show time:
The crowd went CRAZY when Grave Digger made his appearance:
More monster pics:
It's thrilling!
Family pics:
We were all anxiously awaiting the finale that would showcase Grave Diggers final run of the night. He soon took the field (?) and then his truck died. 3 times. Womp, womp, womp....
But all that really matters here is that I was right. EVERYONE had fun, thought it was exciting, and loved it!
A little video for your viewing pleasure:
4 comments:
I never knew you were a monster truck fan...you are an enigma :)
You find the funnest things to do! Was it really loud? All our kids would probably be covering their ears all night...but they might love it too. :)
What an adventure! Who wouldn't love a monster truck show, seriously! Have you ever steered those children wrong before? They should have a little faith by now :)
I am sure that was a lot of fun but seems so red neck to me! You are awesome!!!
Post a Comment