Thursday, March 20, 2014

Nevada Reading Week-Harry Potter

It was Nevada Reading Week a few weeks ago. I wasn't able to go into Sadie's class to read because for some unknown reason they were not accepting guest readers, but luckily Jackson's class didn't have the same restrictions.
 
I decided to read the sorting hat chapter out of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Jackson's favorite book!) and dressed accordingly:
 
 
Taking mirror selfies is awkward. #sorrynotsorry
 
After I read the chapter they each tried on the sorting hat which sorted them into the different houses:
 
 
Jackson ended up in Hufflepuff:  
 
 
Their respective house bookmarks:
 
 
After finding out which house they belonged to they received their wands. Each had a different color of top depending on their house. Red for Gryffindor, yellow for Hufflepuff, blue for Ravenclaw and green for Slytherin.
 
 
I love my little 4th grade Jackson.

4 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

The cuteness of the wands and bookmarks is killing me! Such a cute idea. Poor Sadie's class totally missed a golden opportunity here!! You always rock reading week :)

chercard said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are such a FUN Mom, your kids will have such great, fun memories of your and your love for them!

Rachael said...

Sarah you are the BEST mom ever!!!! How did you make those wands? I am sooo sooo impressed! Although at Oliver's preschool I read them a book about ducks and then they each got rubber ducks.

The Hardy's said...

You rock! What an awesome idea for 4th graders. I wanna be like you some day. :)