I have it in my mind, however I am not sure if it is true or not, that Dad's and sons are supposed to make the cake for Blue & Gold? Regardless of whether or not that is true, I was thrilled that Eric was in town this year so he could take on the daunting task of cake making.
The theme was Mexican Fiesta. They spent time Friday night finalizing their idea and then early Saturday morning they headed to the store and then came home and got to work.
Their design included cake AND cookies:
They had to jerry-rig a cookie sheet with tinfoil rolls to get the proper effect:
Perfect:
Fresh out of the shower (Jackson) final decorating:
Introducing their Mexican Fiesta themed Chips, Salsa, and Guacamole cake:
There were lots of cute cakes there:
He received the award for most "Realistic" cake:
Jackson with his fellow Wolf group (pack?):
Good job Eric and Jackson!
4 comments:
Oh my heck! Love, love, love the cake! How clever to make cookies look like tortilla chips. Who would have thought of the tin foil rigging?! So awesome! That was a hard theme, those cakes look great! Again, Shadow Creek, I love you!!!
I always thought it was a father son activity too but it doesn't really specify. I'm telling Jason it is a swap year thing. I made this year's so he has next :)
Great job Eric & Jackson!!!!
Our new ward doesn't do the cake thing at all. It made me kind of sad as I think it's a fun thing for the boys and Dads to do together.
Awesome cake idea. So clever! There were a bunch of really good cakes.
So cute!! I am impressed! His wolf pack is so TINY! I think Eli's has 10 kids...a lot of baby boys born in 2005.
Post a Comment