Friday, March 14, 2014

12 X 12 - March 2014

Because of the odd number of days in February, the 12th once again fell on a Wednesday. I thought it would basically be a carbon copy of the post I did last month, but Megan's cheerleading practice and piano lesson were canceled and scouts was canceled, so it was a bit different of a Wednesday than it usually is.
 
The time change was still affecting Sade on Wednesday, which meant I had to wake her up to get her ready for school. Most often she is awake long before I am:

 
Just a quick shot before we left the house:
 
 
I came home and made myself breakfast. We were out of tuna fish so instead I made myself a salmon patty. Which is basically salmon, egg, saltine crackers, lemon juice, and pepper mixed up together and then cooked in a skillet. Weird?
 
Our stove has been acting up for years, and within the last 4 months or so has stopped igniting. In order for it to light I have to risk life and limb (and eyebrows) and bring open flame in contact with the gas:
 
 
I spent the morning cleaning and talking on the phone. I hate when friends move but feel so happy that they are only a phone call away:
 
 
Soon it was time to pick up Sadie lady from Kinder. She was very excited to show me that she earned her very first Somerset Sight Word Medallion:
 
 
I have no recollection what we did that afternoon (I'm sure it was thrilling) but soon it was time to pick up Megs. We had to hurry back home so we could get Sade ready for cheer practice. The requisite pony tail:
 
 
 
(I also realize the shirt I am wearing is incredibly unflattering, and I look pregnant in this pic, but I'm posting it anyway).
 
Brandon Mull the author of Fablehaven is visiting the kids school next week, so I also had to fill out and turn in the order form so Jackson could receive an autographed copy of the Fablehaven series:
 
 
Then it was back to the school to drop Sade off and turn in our form. Jackson was staying after for his Battle of the Books meeting, so Megan and I did a little grocery shopping while we waited for them to finish. There are times I am okay with phone use and times I am not. While stopped to put milk in the cart is a time I am not.
 
 
Soon it was time to pick up Jackson and Sadie and head home.
 
After dinner Sade enjoyed the weather:
 
 
She has been struggling with a cold and cough all week and the time outside exacerbated it. Her cough got pretty bad so she cuddled with me on the couch for a while:
 
 
After she left Jackson joined me:
 
 
Eventually Eric and Megan left for Young Women's/Men's and I made jam:
 
 
Sometimes I am so domestic I don't know what to do with myself.

4 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Love the homemade jam. It is on my to-do list :) This time change is kicking our can over here. I don't remember it being this awful last year. I guess we are weinies when we lose some sleep! Congratulations to Sadie! Taylor is trying her hardest but I think it's gonna take a few weeks to get that first medallion. Gotta love teenagers and their phones. I am not looking forward to it :)

chercard said...

I'm so thrilled my phone call made the 12x12...it must have been an extremely boring day! :)

Rachael said...

That is how I have to light my stove too...I hate it. (I hate this house too and that is one reason why)
I love that you (or is it Eric) has a $2 bill sticking out of his wallet...Steve carries a $2 bill with him too!
Oye...the texting...I HATE IT!

The Hardy's said...

The time change has been hard at our house too. I love homemade jam, it just doesn't last long! Congrats to Sadie getting her sight word medal!