Thursday, November 14, 2013

12 X 12 - November 2013

I woke up as I usually do with Sade in bed next to me. This has been an ongoing issue which seemingly has no end in sight. Although I have the desire that this will stop, I seem to be lacking any sort of follow through. Bleck.


By the time I get up in the morning, Megan and Eric have already left so it's just me and the littles. Jackson is currently OBSESSED with Clash of Clans and Minecraft so whenever he has a spare moment in the mornings (in this case while I was combing his hair), he is playing it.



Soon if was off to school. My patience was at an all time low on Tuesday morning, and I had already lost my temper a few times, but happily the drive to school was full of fun and laughs.



I came home to find Tucker chilling in his favorite mid-morning spot.



Soon it was time for Kindergarten pick-up. Upon arriving home I was feeling a bit more patient, so when Sadie asked to unlock the front doors (this includes 3 locks), I acquiesced. It took a while.



Our afternoon was spent as it usually is, by having lunch, doing homework, cleaning and watching T.V. (Angelina Ballerina). Soon, it was back to the school to do some volunteering. Every Tuesday I help out with the fundraiser, "Cookies For Computers." My kids love it because it means every Tuesday they get cookies.



As we were driving out of the parking lot after school we spotted Jackson's teachers car. She paints it differently every year. It cracks me up and I have a strong desire to take a ride in it.



Jackson handing me the mail through the car window upon arriving home:



We spent the late afternoon and early evening doing homework and having dinner. Eric eventually arrived home but could only stay for a few minutes as he had to go to some sort of Scouting meeting. But while he was here, I was able to snap this picture of him and Sade cracking up on the couch.



We will barely see Eric this week. Tuesday was the scouting meeting, Wednesday he had Young Men's, Thursday he has chapel cleaning followed by another meeting, and Friday nights he now plays softball. I'm sort of annoyed.

While he was gone, we had to go pick up Megan and Allie from volleyball practice. (You may notice that there are no pics of Megan this month because she was not being cooperative with picture taking.)

Upon arriving home I did a little reading in bed. I was finishing up our book club selection "These Is My Words" and loved it just as much as I did the first time I read it. Jackson joined me and played the aforementioned Clash of Clans game while I read:



Sade dressed up in all of Jackson's clothes:



Sade and I doing a little "Silverlicious" reading before bed:



FYI: If you are interested in joining a book club let me know. We could use a few more members!  

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I LOVE how Tucker is sitting!! Hilarious!!!
You are such a great mom to volunteer for the cookie thing...I always say...Next year I will be better...it still hasn't happened!
His teachers car is hilarious!
I am sooo over the softball thing...Steve plays Wednesday and Friday. But he's been finding subs (enter Eric) so he isn't gone as much. I think he knows its getting to me even though I haven't said much!
I loved These is My Words!!!!!

Kellie DeMille said...

Jason and I were just reminiscing today about how awful it was when kids were in our bed. Just awful! Morning are the worst. I only have to get 1 kid out the door by 8am. You are a good woman to have all 3 dressed and decent so early!
I love the cookies every Tuesday they makes the kids so happy. You are going to have your volunteer hours done by the end of the year! I would love to be in your book club let me know what you are reading next :)

The Hardy's said...

We love cookies on Tuesday, especially when you deliver them to our car! I'd be interested in your book club, except I found These is My Words way depressing.