Monday, February 25, 2013

Red Rock 2013

Last, last weekend we went to Red Rock to do a little hiking. Our first stop was our favorite easy peasy Lost Creek-Children's Discovery hike to a mini waterfall. We have done this hike many times and continue to love it. Last January we found snow, but this year it was snow free.



Me and Jackson now:



Me and Jackson four years ago in almost the exact same place:


And with a photo bomber:



Our next hike was Pine Creek Canyon trail that takes you deep into the mountains. For at least a mile, Jackson would run ahead:



And then sit down on a rock and wait for us to catch up:



And again:




Sade caught a ride most of the way:



On the trail you walk right by an old homestead:



More Sade photo bombs:




The Pine Creek Trail is supposed to be a loop, but somewhere we took a wrong turn and never found it! Disappointing but not heartbreaking. It was a beautiful, beautiful day.

3 comments:

chercard said...

looks beautiful and so fun!

Kellie DeMille said...

I love the new and old picture of you and Jackson, so cute! I wouldn't mind if Sadie photo bombed my photos, she is hilarious. I was going to make fun of Jackson's sunglasses but once I blew up the picture I see they are little boy glasses, I swear far away they look just like my Grandpa's :)

Rachael said...

Love the picture of you 2 from 4 years ago! He is so little!!! You guys are so great to enjoy nature...I don't!