Monday, February 18, 2013

Sweetheart's Ball

 A few Saturdays ago Eric and I were headed out to dinner. On our way, he pulled off the road and mentioned to me that there was a new geocache on the corner that he had been wanting to check out. Although I was in somewhat of a hurry to get to dinner, and I inwardly thought that we could just check out the geocache another day, I got out of the truck and searched for it with him. He was checking the coordinates on his phone while we searched under rocks and in the bushes. Not having any luck he said, "Maybe it's up by the fence?" I duly went to check, and found it!


As I opened it I started to get excited because it seemed that we were the first ones to find it! (Which is a kind of a big deal in the geocaching world).

But then as I opened it I noticed something different. Instead of a traditional log sheet, I found this inside:



Not ever having heard of the Sweethearts Ball, I thought we had intercepted some creative way a high schooler was asking some girl to a Valentine's dance. I asked Eric to give me a pen so I could write some smart-alecky reply like, "No way sucker!, or "If you insist." At which time Eric explained to me what the Sweethearts Ball was, and that he was formally asking me.

Is that not the sweetest thing? He's the best.

Here I am finding the geocache:



As I love to dance, I was so excited, and couldn't wait for the next Saturday night. Before the dance we went on a group date (high school style) with some friends.

The group at the dance:



Eric and I:



As we all first walked in they were playing THE MOST BORING MUSIC YOU HAVE EVER HEARD! I was worried. The boring music went on for a while, but was eventually replaced with a plethora of dance music. Woo-Hoo!!!



Our group was filled with people not worried about embarrassment (myself included), which is the best type of people to dance with. Eric may disagree, since he was probably the one I was embarrassing.

I can't wait for the next one!

6 comments:

chercard said...

If I hadn't had a croupy boy I would have been there for sure :) Although I would have enjoyed watching you make a fool of yourself and probably wouldn't have joined in :)

chercard said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachael said...

If I ever went to the Sweetheart dances I would have to start at PT's pub and get some liquid courage!!!
So cute! Everyone I know who went had a ball!!!!!

Kellie DeMille said...

Jason and I would have been the boring losers lining the wall :) It looks like it was a blast. I will have to work on my moves before the next one rolls around.

Kellie DeMille said...

That Eric is the cutest! What a thoughtful guy to formally ask you out :)

Amanda said...

How sweet is that?? Looks like you guys had a blast!!!