Monday, July 2, 2012

Bucket List Item #16

My dreams are coming true people!!!

Late last week Eric informed me that he had to travel to Arizona for the weekend to do some work. There have been a few places in Northern Arizona that we have been wanting to see, so the kids and I gladly decided to go with him.

He was going to be stopping in Williams to do a couple of jobs, and then was to travel to Holbrook for another.

Two days before leaving I had an epiphany! I seemed to remember seeing a map at one time that showed Winslow, AZ to be on the way to Holbrook!!

Sure enough it is!

I could barely contain myself!

Bucket List Item #16 was about to come true!

A little background information.

I have two favorite songs.

Both by The Eagles.

First: Life In The Fast Lane

Second (tied with first): Take It Easy

A few lyrics of Take It Easy to refresh your memory:

Well, I'm a standing on a corner
in Winslow, Arizona

and such a fine sight to see
It's a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed
Ford slowin' down to take a look at me

Bucket List Item #16: Stand On A Corner In Winslow, AZ!!


I wasn't the only one that was excited. While driving Sadie said (and she wasn't even being sarcastic!), "I can't wait to stand on the corner!"




It was a thrill.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I love it! I also love that they basically make it a Kodak shot! Very cool Sarah!!! I am happy for you!

chercard said...

you are awesome :)

Kellie DeMille said...

I have to see this bucket list Sarah!! The things on it are just amazing. I would have never thought to stand on the corner in Winslow Arizona in a million years. Who even knew that it is so cool?! I love it!!!