Monday, July 23, 2012

24th Of July - 2012

I totally dread going to the 24th of July celebration every year. A big part is the heat, but after psychoanalyzing myself this year I have come to the conclusion that I miss Utah so bad on the 24th of July (It is my favorite holiday to spend in Utah!), that I cannot fully commit to a Nevada celebration. Anyway, this year was no different. I was filled with dread, and went anyway. Luckily I have Eric to tease me out of any bad mood I am in.



This year we mixed it up a bit and ate dinner (At Macayo's!) before arriving. But we made sure to save lots and lots of room for treats. First, snow cones:



And later, soda, pie, root beer floats, and these popsicles:



My girls first event was face painting:



Followed by lots and lots of water based activities. Sade was fearless this year and went on every single big slide and LOVED them:





Pure joy:



Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.......




She even climbed up this rope ladder and slid down. I was worried that she was too small, but she knew she could do it:





We all know that Sadie is a genius but for some reason she could not wrap her head around the Plinko game. The guy running the game demonstrated time and time again how it worked, but Sade kept throwing the Plinko chips at the board:



She's awesome:



I don't have near as many pics of Megan and Jackson because they were busy with their friends. But I did manage to get a few pics of Jackson and Carson dunking each other at the dunk tank:



They both got each other out using only one throw each:



The freaky semi-truck house was back. The kids were in there for at least 20 minutes!



Then weather started to get pretty dicey, and I started to get hopeful that we would all have to go home early! Just kidding!! (sort of).



We played a few more games in the wind:




And then headed back to the truck to wait for the fireworks to start:




We amused ourselves by taking pictures:




Luckily the weather calmed completely down and the fireworks went off as planned:



They were great.

2 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

I love that Sadie, Plinko is kind of confusing I guess. Taylor got to the front of that dolphin slide 5 times and then would chicken out each time. I am very impressed with Sadie going down it all by herself!

Rachael said...

That slide was scary...it was so steep!!!I think that semi truck thing is a horrible idea...is it even air conditioned?? We like to watch the fireworks from the car too so we can have a quick get a way!
I've never been to Utah for Pioneer Days so sadly (to you) I am perfectly happy with NLV's celebration!