Friday, November 18, 2011

Five For Friday

Just a bit of a weekly update.......

1. As I was doing Sadie's hair, she asked: "Why don't you do a Chinese Braid?"
Me: "Chinese Braid?"
Sadie: "Yes. You know, the one your grandma taught you how to do?"
Me: "Oh....You mean a French Braid?"
Sade: "Yes!"


2. Jackson wore this googly eye taped to his forehead for 12 hours.


As I was taking his picture, I kept asking him to open his eyes! He kept saying, "I AM!" It took me asking him about 5 times, before I finally realized he was talking about the third eye.


You may notice he is not wearing a shirt? Well, he isn't wearing pants either. Because the kid does not enjoy wearing clothing. He will wear his unders, but nothing much else if given the choice.

3. This week brought Megan's Science Fair Project. She came up with idea herself, and executed it very well. She decided to make glowing water, and then.........add dry ice to it to see if the fog also glows. Her hypothesis was that it would not not. And she was right!



Did I mention that a girl in her class built a HOVERCRAFT!  A HOVERCRAFT! And a big one at that. I was picturing it to be Hotwheels car sized, but it was big enough that she could ride on it. Seriously impressive! HOVERCRAFT!! And it worked.

4. I also attended Megan's Awards Assembly. This quarter she received an award for A/B Honor Roll.


I am used to Awards Assemblies, where a handful of students receive all "A's", and a slightly bigger handful receive all "A's and B's." But not at this school!  The majority of kids received awards for good grades. My kids are so fortunate to go there.
Jackson received all "A's" this quarter, but for some reason there was no assembly.  Maybe the school isn't so great after all! (This is when a sarcastic font would come in handy).

5. And one last thing. My next door neighbor, who is in his 80's, moves my garbage can from the curb and brings it back to my house, every garbage day.


 I think it is the nicest thing ever.

3 comments:

Erin Camp said...

Well, Jackson's wife will certainly appreciate the lack of clothing :) Way to go Meghan! And I felt the same way about the awards assembly. Why shouldn't my bum have to go numb as I sit there while all three of my kids are honored huh?

chercard said...

Cute neighbor! Love the 3rd eye...so funny!

Rachael said...

Very cool science fair project! I was a little disappointed that they came home the same day with it. I thought they should have displayed it for a week or something...seemed like a waste of time and money to me!
Looks like you need to be making a treat for your neighbor...I have an amazing neighbor too...always out doing people's yard work! He is amazing!