Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Trunk Or Treats

We attended two Trunk-or-Treats this year. The first at the kids school the week before Halloween. All I can say about the school Trunk-or-Treat is that it was.....FABULOUS! I was ultra impressed at how much work the parents put into decorating their trunks. It is a good thing I wasn't one of those parents who volunteered to decorate, because my trunk would have been a wasteland of nothingness.


Of course we also attended the Trunk-or-Treat at the church. It is more my style. In fact, I make no effort to decorate my trunk and don't feel one part bad about it. I may alienate some readers by saying this, but I truly believe if you have a baby less than 2 months old, and it is asleep in a stroller, you really don't need to collect candy for it. I find it weird, and I think you should just buy your own candy to consume. I'm sorry if I have offended any of you infant Trunk-or-Treaters.


The candy haul after the two Trunk-or-Treats:


The piles would only get bigger in the days to come.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Not only do I agree with you but I will add to it...if you expect to get candy...DRESS UP!!!!! You don't get candy from Steve if you are wearing regular clothes!

Erin Camp said...

I will also add to that - NO I WON'T GIVE YOU CANDY IF YOU ARE AN ADULT! I can not tell you how many adults - not dressed up - held out a pillow case to me after I gave their kids a treat. I was seriously disgusted.

Kellie DeMille said...

Well I for one am totatlly offended! The only reason I had all these dang kids was to get candy. I mean what the heck else are they good for?