1. It is a sad state of affairs around my house today. The only day we don't have pre-school. I was going to be ambitious. The house would be spotless, I would have all the bills paid, I would prepare my lesson for Young Women's on Sunday, and I would get everything ready for Eric's birthday this weekend. Instead, I attended bootcamp, took the kids to school, came home, got into bed, read, and then fell asleep. Poor Sadie. I have been a bad mom to her today. She has watched t.v., gotten her own snacks, had a pickle for lunch, and is now taking her own nap. I will try to rebound this afternoon.
2. Given my distaste for babysitting, I was slightly worried about participating in a Joy School. But it turns out I had nothing to worry about. The kids are really good. I mean they are KIDS, but there is no violent, crazy one, so all is fine. Last week it was my week to teach! I had the letter D.
One day I focused on dinosaurs, and one day I focused on dogs. I don't have many pictures.....because I was BUSY, but we did a dinosaur dig, had doughnuts and dirtcups, practiced writing our letter "D"'s, colored, and of course did crafts.
I have to say that the craft portion is stressful. Only because everyone has totally gone all out on the crafts, and you don't want yours to suck.
3. Incidentally, while at my house, the kids LOVED reading time. It was their favorite part. I think I could have read to them for the entire two hours (well except I am sure they would not let me forget about snack time), and they would have been content. They sat in rapture the entire time.
4. We had our first field trip this week. To Gilcrease Orchards! I have never been. EVER. Sadie quite enjoyed herself. I was hot, and would have enjoyed myself more if I had been wearing shorts.
I was a bit rushed at the Orchard, because I had to get Sadie to her other pre-school that morning. I know this post may have a bit of a complainy tone, but in truth I love both of her schools. And most importantly, so does she.
5. And lastly, we have had some new craft materials around the house. The googly eyes have been a favorite:
3 comments:
Ryder LOVED the dinosaurs and the dog puppet! And we both love all the fun he's having at preschool. :)
You did great on your "D" week! Taylor is still carrying around those plastic dinosaurs she got. Tyson is VERY jeaulous :) That Megan is a crack up!
I completely spaced the Pumpkin Patch. I remembered around 11am that day!
Post a Comment