Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cathedral Rock

Last weekend we hiked up to Cathedral Rock located on Mt. Charleston. It is considered moderately strenuous, and to that I say hogwash! To me it was maximally strenuous!


It was quite steep, without any switchbacks until you are almost to the very top. But it was beautiful! We started off on dirty, rocky terrain:


But soon found ourselves under canopies of beautiful fall-colored trees:


On our way up we took a small detour to see this tiny waterfall:


We met, quite possibly, the worlds most fearless squirrel. He got so close to us, I feared an attack:


And pretty soon we ran into snow:


Getting closer to our destination:


And.....1.5 miles later (which may seem like a tiny distance, but does not feel like a tiny distance when you are gasping for breath), we made it to the top!


Sadie, Sade was ornery and tired, but was able to take a refreshing nap on the way back down:


I am so outdoorsy now, I don't know what to do with myself.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Sarah! I am impressed!!! good for you guys! Maybe when you are ready to sell that backpack kid carrier I will buy it from you and then I too can become outdoorsy like you!!!

chercard said...

That is awesome! I think we need to try that hike!

Kellie DeMille said...

I am done with you people! I thought I was outdoorsy and adventerous until I read your blog and am put to shame :) You guys are awesome! The leaves look beautiful maybe I'll convince my crew to go up with our upcoming days off of school, maybe. No promises!