The drive down was quite long. Although Tempe is only about 5 hours away, when you add in stopping for Eric to do a job in Needles, CA, an abnormally long stop for dinner at a Pizza Hut in Blythe, CA, a DVD player that would not work for the duration of the trip, and a child (Megan) who got car sick a few times:
But it was all worth it, because we were traveling down for a very important occasion. Mallory, who is Eric's brothers girlfriend was getting baptized.
Todd & Mallory
Did you know that this man lives in Scottsdale, right next to Tempe!
I kept my eye out for him, but apparently he wasn't invited to the baptism so I didn't see him :(.
Todd & Mallory once again. Mallory somehow ended up with a jumpsuit much more fashion forward than the one I had to wear.
After the baptism, Eric had a site survey to do in Surprise, AZ (the mans work is never done!), and then we all headed out the Spaghetti Factory. MY FAVORITE! After eating we discovered that the Fire Department was giving kids rides in fire engines.
And this wasn't any low key ride. It involved sirens, and whipping around the mall parking lot at great speed.
Sade's the Seahawks fan.
That night we visited the birthplace of Rachael and Steves eternal journey: The Mesa Temple. It was gorgeous and all decorated for Christmas.
While Eric was taking this picture Sadie said, "Smile Jesus."
It was a whirlwind trip, but a great one.

5 comments:
we lived 5 min. from the mesa temple for a year....loved living there!!
Beautiful Christmas lights at the temple. Hope your trip back was better! :)
Yes-that is where it all began! I love the lights on the temple grounds there-wish every temple did it!
Did you guys do downtown Tempe? Its a fun place that we spent many a nights there when we were young a without child! Arizona is a beautiful place but when we go in the summer we remember why we don't live there! Its a bit hotter and you can really feel it!
Surprise AZ is where I used to live and the headquarters of the company Matt works for. I love the spaghetti factory too. "Smile Jesus" so cute!
I went to high school a couple of years in AZ and I couldn't get over the smell. I know we have the pigs but sometimes I can't smell them. AZ always smelled funky because they have alleys behind all the houses where everyone puts their garbage and cause continual funk. I will now always tell Jesus to smile when we take his picture! That girl is the funniest thing :)
Post a Comment