Jackson was in heaven the entire time we were there. He was surrounded by video games for 2 solid days, and spent the morning playing XBOX.
This is generally how I get ready in the mornings. While blow drying my hair I sit on the floor, and Sade's sits on my lap.
Jackson and Sadie also spent a good portion of the morning getting pushed around by Todd.
After a while we had to say our goodbyes. The kids tried hard to get Todd to come home with us, but sadly to no avail.
Eric packed the car up. Since a 5+ hour trip to Arizona would be very difficult in Eric's truck, our wonderful friends Tim & Bev loaned us their car. I am amazed how kind people are.
On our way out of town we stopped and had doughnuts for breakfast.
Megan and I waiting in the car during a bathroom stop.
The kids were quite good on the way home. Sadie slept for a while, and the DVD had a resurgence so they were able to watch a movie.
It was December 12th so we were able to start our 12 Days of Christmas Countdown.
Jackson battled with these Transformers for a good couple of hours. Incidentally these toys came from McDonalds, and I continue to be amazed at the superiority of McDonalds kids meal toys.
Sade and I cuddled on the couch before bed.
We also spent some time admiring the Christmas tree.
It was a good, but tiring day. I was more than ready for bed that night, and finally got there around midnight. However, was awakened one hour later by Jackson who ended up with the stomach flu. So instead of a restful night of sleep, I witnessed multiple rounds of throwing up. Tis the life!
3 comments:
Aw bummer about Jackson!
That is nice that your friends loaned you their car! Maybe Santa will bring you a new car!!!
I hope Jackson is feeling better. We just had a round of puking but it was Mark, and I will not give you the nasty details, but grown man puke is AWFUL! I sure hope your car troubles get better in 2011! I love your 12x12's :)
So what do you do for your countdown? I am always curious what other people do.
Post a Comment