Day 1: Make A Christmas Countdown
I wanted them all to be red and green, and Jackson and Megan happily obliged, but Sade's did not. She insisted on green and pink.
Day 2: Write A Letter To Santa
The toy catalogs came out.
The lists were quite long and detailed.
Day 3: Have Hot Chocolate
This is the night we went to Santa's Village, so we had some while we were there.
Day 4: Have Hot Chocolate. Um.......you may remember Day 3 was also have hot chocolate. Strange, right? Well.....I had Young Women's and left Eric in charge of the stocking for the night and he chose have hot chocolate...again! Apparently it slipped his mind that we had just had hot chocolate the night before. Even the kids told him that we had already done that one, but he didn't believe them. In his defense he told me later he thought the stocking from the night before was go to Santa's Village. So anyway, the kids had hot chocolate again!
Day 5: Open This Present
We all received new Christmas books.
Day 6: Make Paper Snowflakes To Decorate The Windows
Day7: Write A List Of Ten Things You Are Thankful For
The answers that Megan, Jackson, Eric, and I gave were quite traditional, but Sade who still thinks out of the box, is thankful for among other things: football and helmets and baseballs and gloves.
Day 8: Decorate A Gingerbread House
The Piece de Resistance!
Day 9: Write A Christ Centered Goal For The New Year
We wrote them up and then put them in these little nativity sets that Rachel P. got for all of us in Young Women's. Thanks Rachel!
Again we all had more traditional goals, but Sade once again showed us up with "Be happy, and help bunnies."
Day 10: Make A Christmas Craft
This year we made Christmas magnets.
Day 11: Watch A Christmas Movie
It was a bit difficult to find one that we hadn't already watched this season, but finally settled on Santa Claus Is Coming To Town.
Day 12: Read The Christmas Story In The Bible
Whew.....Christmas season is so busy and I have to admit that a couple of these were done very late at night after getting home from one event or another. But they were done, even if it was hours past bedtime.
5 comments:
did you do this last year? I am sure if you did I probably wrote a comment that said "what a cute idea I will have to remember to do it next year" Which I did not! Too fun!
Dang-this is a cute idea and I gave mine away b/c I thought I wouldn't do it! Darn me...although I still have the email the girl sent us with all the things to put on the back of the stocking... Maybe next year!
I did it and it was awesome! Thanks so much for the fun ideas. Next year I have to document them better I only took two days of pictures. That Sadie is a character. Does she have problems being mean to bunnies? I'm glad that issue will be resolved in the new year :)
That is a way cute idea!
I love that Sadie wants to be a bunny rescuer. So cute!!
Post a Comment