Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Day!

Christmas Morning!!!

A bit of bad news to start us off. We discovered, or rather Jackson discovered that the Tooth Fairy did not come. I am sure she was just very busy on Christmas Eve. It is a very hectic time for everyone! We finally determined that the Tooth Fairy must take Christmas Eve off, since it is Santa's big day. After all, I am sure she would not forget to come to our house. Right? But don't worry she made sure to come the next night.

This year the kids wanted to open up their stockings first.


Then we moved onto the main event: Tackling the presents under the tree.


Sade took the tackling fairly seriously.


I believe Sadie's favorite gift of the day was her new Princess Tea Set. We all had numerous cups throughout the day.


By far, Jackseys favorite gifts were all of the new Beyblades he received (or Beys as he calls them). They have been played with for hours and hours since Christmas. He is also quite fond of the Beyblade DS game from Grandma Myra and Grandpa Ken, and the 60 dart GIGANTIC Nerf Gun from Grandpa Marty. And I can't fail to mention the passes to Flip-N-Out that Grandpa Ed gave him. He has been begging me take him for months. All in all, Jackson is quite easy to please.


Although I seem to have no picture of it, Megs favorite gift was a new cell phone! I never imagined myself getting my 10 year old a phone, however since we have no home phone and I needed one to leave her when she is home by herself, and I needed a way to contact her after school to let her know how her and Jackson are getting home (since our car situation is precarious), she received a cell phone. But enough with the justifications! She is thrilled.

Sade, who never tires of opening gifts, helped Eric and I open ours:


Now a word of advice. If you happen to have a 2 year old who is prone to extreme acts of independence, DO NOT use ribbon on their gifts. Otherwise you will have said 2 year old insisting on using scissors to cut said ribbon BY HERSELF on every present. Unfortunately little Sade has very few scissor skills, so the process was exhausting. Amazingly she finally allowed Eric, and ONLY Eric to help her:


Independent 2 year olds also like to pick out their own clothing. This is what Sadie picked out to wear to dinner at our friends house that night:


Needless to say I didn't mind her choice. Thanks Aunt Autumn for the new skirt and headband! As you can see Sadie loves them.


Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Cardalls said...

We too had many happy boys with the "beys" they received...in fact Garrett got the same super vortex battle set as Jackson. I love Sadie's outfit..super cute!

Rachael said...

Never heard of Baylades...Jackson is so in the know! Love Sadies outfit!

Autumn said...

She looks so adorable in her new outfit!! I love shopping for girls!!