Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Aviation Nation

On Saturday, while I endured what felt like the longest training meeting known to man, Eric took the kids to Aviation Nation. When he mentioned he wanted to go and asked me if I would feel bad if they went without me, I replied, "Um, no!" Because you see.......I do not love going. I wouldn't mind it if it were not for the crowds, and the looooong wait time for the buses when leaving, but alas you cannot go to Aviation Nation without encountering those two obstacles. So, Eric took the kids and they had a great time.


Eric and the kids in front of a C130, which is the plane his dad flew in the Air Force: 


Watching the Thunder Birds:
 


Poor Megan started to feel sick while they were there, and had to sit down while waiting for the buses. Sadie was more than happy to join her.

 

 Sade quite enjoyed the bus ride. It probably had something to do with the fact that no car seat was required.

They all reported that they had a great time. Even Megan who came home with a fever, and is still home from school with strep throat. I am crossing my fingers no one else gets it!

4 comments:

Cardalls said...

we went to the air show on saturday too and loved it! those thunderbirds are AMAZING!

Melissa Summers said...

I am so impressed with all the photos Eric took. I have 2 kids sick today and hoping the rest of us to get it!! curse the winter!!

Rachael said...

OMGosh...how long and BORING was the training!!! I was DYING!!!! The mock ward council...painful!
I will be going to Aviation Nation next year! I loved it when I went 3 years ago (minus the wait to get on the bus) but I loved watching the Thunderbirds!

Kellie DeMille said...

Poor Megan! That stinks to get sick right in the middle of a fun outing. The training meeting was a lot longer than I think any training meeting should be :)