Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Bullet Point Re-Cap

I was in an extreme non-picture taking mood on Thanksgiving, thereby only one picture will accompany this post.
  • Eric started off the day playing football. He reported that there were more players there than ever before, and his team won all games. Great on both counts!
  • This year we spent Thanksgiving with friends. We brought the turkey, which is kind of a scary thing to bring, but luckily Eric is skilled at turkey baking, and carving, as evidenced by the lone Thanksgiving day picture:
  • I ate an incredible amount of food. In fact I am now heavier than I have been in over a year. Not good.
  • My kids however barely ate anything. Partly due to their pickiness, but mostly due to the fact that they would rather spend the time playing with their friends, than eating. As an adult I have sufficiently mastered the skill of hanging out with friends and eating at the same time. As evidenced by the aforementioned weight gain.
  • The men watched hours of football.
  • I did not. But I did spend hours talking, and eating leftover rolls (again, reference weight gain).
  • Thursday night at 10 pm I sent Eric out to Toys-R-Us to buy a certain toy that was discounted. He called me approximately 10 minutes later to inform me that the line went from Toys-R-Us all the way to the 215 entrance. Needless to say he turned around and came home. Can you imagine waiting in a line that long in the freezing cold? It sounds torturous to me. But if you enjoy that type of thing, I bear no judgement, just admiration. 
  • I forgot I have one more picture to share. One I took a few days before Thanksgiving. Check out the cookies I made (or rather assembled) for the women I visit teach:

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Love the cookies you made! Adorable!!!
I think anyone who stands in those crazy lines are CRAZY! But next year I think I will start a mobile hot chocolate business and profit from those idiots! Maybe include some whiskey shots and make even more money!
I have few pictures too...Thanksgiving weekend sucked! Kids sick!

Cardalls said...

CRAZY is right to stand in line. I found the deal of all deals yesterday morning ONLINE in my jammies! No black friday for me unless i am home in my jammies using a mouse!

LeeZ and WeeZ said...

Pilgrim hat cookies??? SO CUTE!!!

Amy Darrington-Baird said...

Sarah don't you know the rule?!! NEVER EVER under any circumstances weigh yourself the day after Thanksgiving!!!