Friday, November 12, 2010

Stars & Stingrays

Another soccer season has once again come and gone. We had a great season, full of beautiful weather, lots of socializing, and relaxing (since neither Eric nor I was coaching this year!).

Megan's team was called the Stingrays!


Megan did really great this year. She was never afraid to go after the ball (even when kids that looked twice her size were going after the same ball), and worked really hard, often times coming out of games with sweat running down her face.

Jackson's team was the Stars! Now Jackson has always loved to play pretty much every sport, but this year he got competitive and aggressive (in a good way). He took his soccer playing seriously, and scored many goals.

He often played defender and didn't have a goal scored on him all season until the very last game when his own teammate kicked it in. So that doesn't really count. Right?

Check out the look on his face. Like I said he took soccer playing very seriously.



 He even took the pre-game warm-up seriously. Check out that leg extension.


 Although Eric did not coach this season (he was out of town for most of it), he did end up coaching one game. It looks like Eric is giving Jackson a bit of a lecture, which is always easier to do when it is your own kid.


Jackson's first goal of the season.


 And I have to mention Sade's, who excelled at spectating.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I love that you got his goal in a picture! I wasn't watching Alexis's one and only goal and had to watch it on the Little's video camera!
It was a fun season of socializing!

Cardalls said...

Socializing has to be the best part of the season (shhh...dont tell my kids I said that). My kids haven't caught on fire yet about soccer like yours!

Kellie DeMille said...

What awesome little athletes you have! My kids have no choice but to like sports, it's that or deal with Mom :) Jackson's determined face making that goal is priceless!