Sunday, November 14, 2010

12 X 12 - November 2010

I woke Friday morning, later than usual since the kids did not have school, and was greeted by this:


A colossal mess!! How could this happen in the mere span of 2 hours that the children had been awake?  I do have to admit that the pile on the bottom right side is mine, left over from the night before. I had been to Savers (for the first time) because they were having a 50% off all clothing sale. Although the selection was fantastic, the prices were about double those at the D.I. But I ended up getting the kids quite a few things, as evidenced by the pile (they were tried on the night before in the living room, and had not yet made it into the laundry pile).


I started my day by cleaning up the breakfast dishes, only to find that I had forgotten to run the dishwasher the day before so there was nowhere to put them. But instead of washing them by hand, I stuffed them in there, and started it.


Sade and Megan played make-over, and this is what they came up with: Cheerleading outfit, a bun in the back with a big bow up top, and of course lipstick.


Although kids out of school means a messier house, it also means they are free from other obligations to clean it up.


And it means I have someone (Megan) to do things like check the mail that I don't want to do.


Sade's of course helped me cook lunch. If I am in the kitchen, she is there too.


Meg and Sade playing the piano. If any of you know of a piano teacher, I am in need of one, and would appreciate the info.


After Sadie's nap time we went treasure hunting at D.I. And I am happy to report I found exactly what I was looking for! If you ever see me at D.I. be prepared to see Sadie like this: Coming out from under racks of clothes.


After shopping I took the kids to the park. But since it gets dark sooooo early now, we only stayed for a little bit.


When Eric got home he played Chess with the kids. I have never learned to play chess and I feel like in my advanced years it is something I can't wrap my brain around.


I made dinner! Notice Sade my ever-present kitchen helper.


Eric plays soccer Friday nights, and although the kids and I usually go and watch, his game didn't start until 8:30, so we opted to stay home.

3 comments:

Cardalls said...

I never have learned chess either and my kids always want to teach me...i tell them i am too old.

I really have to go to D.I. more often and find more treasures..you need to teach me the ropes because every time I go I find NADA that I am looking for (but always leave spending at least $10)

Kellie DeMille said...

I am so glad you finally got over to Savers. It's always good to have a variety of thrift stores to shop at :) I thought the prices were similar to DI. I can't wait til the kids get older to send them to get the mail! What an annoying errand it is. I love your 12x12's!!!!

Rachael said...

Look at you COOKING dinner on a Friday night! Unheard of!!!! JK!
Wasn't Friday the day you wanted to strangle your kids? You didn't want to include that?