I haven't been doing a stellar job at documenting our life on my blog. I feel like I should do more day to day documenting, but life has gotten in the way. Anyway, Eric finally made it back into town after an extended 12 day absence which involved 2 (yes that is correct, 2 broken transmissions), problems with the job he was doing in Texas, along with a number of other comedy of errors that involved tow trucks breaking down, and parts missing. But the good news for me and the kids is that he is finally back!
So this past Saturday Eric didn't work, so we finally had a whole day together. The kids started off the morning at the practice for the Primary Program, and Eric started off the day doing tasks around the house that were neglected in his absence. Incidentally by the end of the day (including grocery shopping and running numerous errands), Eric remarked that he was more tired than if he had worked. But we did manage to have some fun. That afternoon we ventured out (with thousands of other people) to take advantage of FREE day at The Springs Preserve.
Now Saturday was HOT, and when we arrived at the Preserve to see the parking lot full, and coming to the realization we would have to park quite far away and trek in, the activity seemed doomed. But we persevered and it was actually not too bad. Quite crowded when we first arrived, but once we made our way into the attractions it was rather pleasant.
Sade's throwing water at us.
Eric, Sadie and Jackson talking with the old timers.
Making paper lanterns.
By the time we left it wasn't crowded at all, but it was still HOT! I'm ready for a cool down.
1 comment:
WOW-good for you-anytime something is FREE I stay away knowing that the crowds are going to be a pain! I like that place though! It is fun...I went when Cumorah had a day off and public schools did not...we were just about the only people there!
Post a Comment