1st Piece Of Cheery News: Although the Volkswagen is now running, it has failed the Nevada Smog Check twice! Apparently it is idling too high, but no one knows why, and can only tell me it will have to be diagnosed, but can give me no indication of how much it will cost. LOVELY! However the DMV was nice enough to give me a 30-day registration pass, so if you see me driving it, rest assured I am not breaking the law.
2nd Piece Of Cheery News: Eric is out of town for at least a week.
3rd Piece Of Cheery News: Eric is supposed to be in El Paso, TX right now, but he is stranded in AZ, because...Wait For It......His transmission went out! Oh yes, quite possibly the worst and most expensive thing (other than your engine blowing) that can happen to you car. And how do I know that it is so expensive to fix? Because this is the second transmission that we have had to replace. The last one was in Eric's old truck, which also happened to be a Ford. Ford Acronyms: FORD: Found On Road Dead, and FORD: Fix Or Repair Daily.
4th Piece Of Cheery News: I"M SICK! Although I am not in the mood to look at the bright side of things today, I will admit that I am not deathbed sick, but rather medium range cold and cough sick. So if you call me and it sounds like I have been crying, it is a good possibility that it is the cold, but just as good of a possibility that something else terrible has happened and it is actual tears.
Remember: Things Are Never So Bad, That They Can't Get Worse
9 comments:
Sorry for your CHEERY news! That all really stinks. It seems when it rains it pours!
Bummer dude! Hope you feel better soon! BTW, did you see that our VT route got changed? I love that we got to visit Joy only once (insert sarcasm here)...I love her! But, we have a great route!
I am glad to see that you can be somewhat sarcastic amongst all the chaos that seems to be your life. Hope things go better your way soon. :)
Boy when it rains it pours!!
Oh man, it seems like we all are being hit hard right now. I;m sorry!
That all stinks! I think life throws us these crappers to remind us how nice the upswing is. Your turn on the flip side is coming :)
Hey sorry for the 2 comments, but maybe you should check out this place called The Beetle Barn, off of Nellis and Judson (one block south of Carey). It's run by Mormons and they specialize in Beetles. Just a thought :)
So sorry Sarah! hope you get to feeling better soon. there is a guy in our ward named mark stringer who owns a transmission shop here in vegas. he is honest and a good guy if you need the name of a mechanic call me.
Ah crap!
Post a Comment