Monday, September 13, 2010

12 X 12 - September 2010

My cold/cough seemed to reach its pinnacle on Sunday, so getting out of bed was a chore. I finally dragged myself out at 8, after my kids had come in about 15 times asking me to make them breakfast.


After breakfast Miss Sade asked me to pick her up. In this picture she is telling me my hair has lots of snarles in it.


I soon decided to go back to bed to read. Sade's joined me, but soon lost interest and went to watch iCarly (their absolute favorite show) with Megan and Jackson.


A while later I had my own breakfast of champions (peanut butter and jelly with Dr. Pepper).


While doing some cleaning I spotted my reflection in this mirror. For the record I am wearing these uber-attractive white long socks for a reason. My hands and feet are going through a severe drying out period, so multiple times a day I am rubbing aloe-vera lotion into them and then covering them with socks to aid in the healing process.


Quesadillas for lunch!


Instead of going to Stake Conference (due to my sickness, and also Eric being out of town, and also it being during Sadie's nap time), the kids and I had a pool party.


While lounging in the pool the sprinklers came on, which just added to the fun.


The thought of cooking a meal, and then subsequently cleaning it up proved too much for me, so Sade and I went and picked up Panda Express for dinner. Try not to judge.


After dinner it was time for the kids to take their showers and get ready for school on Monday.


After showering they did quite a bit of playing which involved quite a bit of wrestling and quite a bit of SCREAMING! At this point I was ready for them to go to bed.


Before bed I ran outside to pull the car into the garage and found that Sadie had followed me out in her underwear, and footwear that consisted of oven mitts.


Megan reading before bed.

It was a pretty good day, but would have been much better with Eric here.

4 comments:

Melissa Summers said...

We also love icarly. I love Sadies oven mitt shoes. Those were awesome. I hope your cold finally goes away and that your hands and feet get better too.

Kerri said...

Great picture of you and Sadie in the car. Love the oven mitts- what a goofball!

Kellie DeMille said...

Thanks for showing a "real" day. I love it! I hope you feel better soon. Sade is a doll, where do they get these ideas?

Rachael said...

Love the picture of you and Sadie in the bug with the top down! I love that you are real and admit to breaking the sabbath and ditching Conference.