Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Summer Classes

Besides swimming a lot this summer, my kids have also taken a couple of classes from the rec-center. Jackson took gymnastics:

The beam was his favorite thing this year.


And Megan took a hip-hop dance class:


This was a seriously fun class, and Megan loved it.

She also took an art class, which was a big hit. They learned a lot of drawing techniques, learned about different artists and different types of art, and they painted. Here is a bit of her work:

All of the classes turned out really great. I can't wait until the new rec-center opens up!!!

4 comments:

Kerri said...

What a budding artist Megan is! I would frame all of those! What new rec-center???? I want to sign the girls up for classes but I'm not a huge fan of Silver Mesa and many of their classes are inconvenient for us. I hope the new center is closer...now I'm all excited!

Melissa Summers said...

Love the art work. i am excited about the new rec center too.

Rachael said...

I am so excited about the new Rec Center...I definitely want to take a pottery class!!!

Erin Camp said...

I have a feeling we'll be spending a lot of time there next summer. Maybe we should coordinate.