Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday, Monday, Can't Trust That Day

Laundry is still winning at my house. I fear I will never conquer it.


Yee-Haw made another appearance recently. This time there was singing and ukulele playing involved.


Speaking of singing: Sade put these goggles on, and sang "I'm so pretty" all around the living room. She is beautiful, but in my opinion even prettier when her eyes are not being smushed by goggles and she keeps her cute tongue in her mouth. I just agreed with her.


Eric brought home this enormous bug he found at one of his properties to scare us. All I will say is, It worked!


I purchased this at the D.I. for $5 and need some ideas about what to do with it. Anyone, anyone??


Speaking of the D.I. check out my newest shoe purchase. $8 (seemed a bit high to me), but brand new.


Now onto my newest home decorating project. I was really tired of my current photo wall, and have been wanting to change it for the past year. I knew exactly what I wanted, but had to wait to go to IKEA to buy the frames before I undertook it. So last month, while in Utah, I stopped into IKEA, and.......The frames I wanted had been discontinued! I thought my hopes were dashed, but ended up finding similar ones (albeit smaller than I wanted) at Michaels. So I saved up my 40% off coupons for a couple of weeks, and finally had enough to purchase the 12 frames I wanted. This was quite the feat for me, because generally I am not that great at delayed gratification. Anyway, they are finally on the wall, and I am quite happy. Not totally happy (I think they need to all be moved up about 2 inches, but happy until Eric has the time to do it).


Here they are laid out on the floor. It took me quite a while to get the order correct. I did a number of finishes on each of the pictures to change the color, and added a black vignette around each one. It ended up making some of the pictures a bit grainy, but I am willing to overlook that because I love the colors.


I have also been wanting to paint the inside of my front door, but am frozen with indecision about what color. Any ideas?

9 comments:

Kerri said...

LOVE THE WALL! It looks great and I may have to duplicate! Miss Sadie's googles and tongue are so pretty (funny)!

Melissa Summers said...

Ok..I love the wall of photos. Too cool. I was going to suggest putting pictures in the other find. Maybe some kind of fabric would be cool too. Love the shoes and I think Sadie is pretty in her googles. Did I miss anything?

Kate said...

Photo wall is gorgeous! Love those shoes too.

Jossie said...

I freakin' love that photo wall! Great job! I was going to suggest photos in the other thing too...just like Melissa but now I'm not sure :-)

Kellie DeMille said...

I LOVE the photos on the wall! I think I may hire you to come do my house next. I LOVE it!! What about pressed flowers in the DI find and hang it horizontally? What a fun project! You can do so many things with it. I think a bold color on the door would be fun. The shoes are killer, what a good find! Sadie is a doll, even with goggles on and tongue out :)

Rachael said...

Can I tell you I have picture envy>???? I am sooo jealous about your picture wall...I want to copy it so badly but I wont.
Sadie is adorable!
What about using the door/window thing you bought as a picture frame...or are you over doing pictures?
Red for the door? Do you have any redness in your floor or is it all one color? I can't remember....

Cardalls said...

love the wall, shoes and miss sadie :)

Melissa B said...

The pictures look great, I too love all the colors and black vignettes. Great shoes, love the red and the oversized button. Gotta love DI.

Sheree Flick Photography said...

k, here's my suggestion for your D.I. find. (I love it by the way, wish I would have found it first!) There are 5 slots and 5 members of your family. Purchase those funny glasses with the black frames, the big nose and the mustache attached to them. Take 1 funny picture of everyone's head wearing them and place each picture in the slot. Then I would hang it above your headboard. You would laugh yourself to sleep each night! :)