We have been on vacation with Eric's family these past few days. We left on Friday and stopped for the wedding of one of Eric's friends at the Oquirrh Mountain temple. Am I the only one who consistently forgets how to pronounce the name of this particular temple? After the sealing we went to Heber for a family reunion of Eric's moms side of the family. We stayed at the Heber Valley Camp, which is a girls camp for a number of Young Women in Utah. The camp is HUGE! Although we stayed in cabins, the bunk beds had no mattresses or padding, so I don't think anyone slept well. However given my distaste for camping, I welcomed a cabin in any form.
Eric's family was assigned two cabins, so the girls stayed in one and the boys in another.
All of the people at the reunion.
The kids playing with Grandpa.
Sade's has a great time! EXCEPT, there was one little boy there named Eli that clawed her face, and then on another occasion pulled her hair. She woke up everyone morning of our vacation, asking us if Eli was still there. As soon as we told her he wasn't, she visibly relaxed.
After breakfast on Saturday, we went to the Challenge Course! At our first stop we had to get on these boards, and all communicate to make it up the hill. As the name Challenge Course implies it was quite challenging. The team Eric and Jackson were on beat everyone up the hill. But on the way down we were not allowed to verbally communicate, and Megan's team won.
At our second stop we did a rope challenge. We had to each climb on a rope, grasp hands, and make it to the end without falling off. Again, quite challenging! But everyone did great.
Megan and Brenden.
Megan and C.J.
Jackson and Brenden.
Me and Autumn.
Eric and his Dad. They are both so tall they barely had to lean over!
Our final stop was the zip-line. Megan went first, and was her fearless self.
Happy with her accomplishment.
I was up next. The climb, and the actual zip line did not frighten me. However, walking across the small log so high off the ground did!
Eric's turn:
See, he found it frightening too.
Unfortunately Jackson was a bit too small to do the zip-line which made him quite sad. But he made an excellent hat rack. FYI: If you ever want to see massive amounts of Seahawks clothing, just visit Eric's family for a day. You will see it everywhere!
That afternoon we packed up and headed off to spend a few days with Eric's immediate family at Bear Lake.
4 comments:
What a great trip! I noticed the car gone and I have been waiting for an update. Al run's the challenge course at Mt. Charleston. I have been wanting to go up there and give it a "go". Someday... Looks like the weather was also cool for you all. So lucky!
That looks and sounds like so much fun. All except the sleeping arrangements.
I really thought Jackson made a hat rack and it took me a minute to figure out :) Do you ever look at your in laws all together and think, "What did I get myself into?"
SO much fun! I have always wanted to do a zip line-I am holding out for the one on Maui-its suppose to be the worlds longest! Takes like 3-4 hrs to do the whole course!
Post a Comment