Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bear Lake & Home Days 4-5

Eric, his dad, and brothers spent the morning of our 4th day golfing.


After they all got home, we went to the beach again.


Megan went out on the boat, but pretty soon returned because the clouds started looking like this:


Unfortunately we had to pack up and wait for the storm to pass. While we were waiting we decided to go get some fresh raspberry shakes. Bear Lake=Raspberries, so if you go there you are almost required to get one.


Of course I had to buy some to make freezer jam.


That night we took some pictures, hung out, ate and played games.


Eric, his dad and brothers.


Eric's mom, my sister-in-laws, and me.

The next day it was time to head on home. We stopped in Logan briefly to see Eric's grandpa.


He adores all of his great-grandkids. His 50th was just born last week.

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I seemed to be entering a new face of motherhood. One is which my children did not cry and scream in the car. Well apparently that was a short lived phase, because Sadie was not all that pleasant to drive home with. So, we made a few stops. One of which was Cove Fort (Thanks Melissa for featuring it on your blog).


If you are ever between Fillmore and Beaver and need to make a stop, I would highly recommend this place. It was seriously cool!

3 comments:

Melissa Summers said...

I have been to that cave before. Very cool. Love love love those raspberry shakes there. Matt and I talk about them all the time. So glad you got to go to Cove Fort.
Also, glad you had a good time and made it home safe and sound.

Rachael said...

A Raspberry Shake sounds delicious! You need to come get my food processor! Get that jam made!

Erin Camp said...

It looks like you had a really fabulous time! It all looks so fun. And, the raspberries look great!