Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Down Month Re-Cap

I have been out of the blogging mode. I think January is just a down month for me. I started blogging two years ago this January, and have noticed that each year including this one, I have nothing to say. But since, I attempt to keep a record of our life, here is some randomness.

As I was sitting here typing, Jackson yelled something from the other room, and Sadie yelled back, "JACKSON PLAY NICE!" You can tell she is the boss around here.

Speaking of Sadie, we have had quite a cute butterfly hanging around our house lately.

We also have quite a cute cheerleader hanging around.

For Christmas we received Wii Cheer. I am sure this will embarrass Jackson in 5 years, but he is the best cheerleader in the family so far. By the way, the skirt Megan is wearing was a skirt I wore to dance in when I was little. I also have all of my old children's books, that my kiddies love. Oh and Sadie is currently obsessed with 2 Cabbage Patch dolls that were mine. They are named Fannie Madeline and Doris Claudia! See hoarding tendencies sometimes pay off!!

Eric was gone all last week! I have decided that day 3 is the worst. I do just fine day one and two, but day three I start to lose my patience. But I rebound by day 4 and end up doing just fine. Anywho, this is what is looks like when Eric gets home from a long trip. Megan was lightning fast, so I couldn't get a picture of her racing to the door, but I snagged this one of Jackson and Sadie.

I planned to take more pictures, but the rush to the door ended up in a fight. There was some pushing and yelling, regarding who would be the first to jump on Eric. Can't we all just get along?

The Rain! I like rain. I enjoy every aspect of it, except in regards to school pick-up. There is no drainage around my kids school, so it is pretty much a river down every street. I expected to have to be rescued by helicopter at any minute. I had to step out of my car to wave to Megan, and stepped into 9 (yes nine) inches of water. This is what nine inches of water looks like on Megan.


"Who thinks they are the boss in your family?
Any Cabbage Patch kids names that you remember (I also had one named Ruben Dunstan)?
How do you feel about the rain?"

5 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

I love that you are a hoarder! I can't wait to give Taylor and our new baby my old barbies, I also have every quint set they ever made. I never had real cabbage patches just DI ones so I never knew their real names but I did make up their names and wrote them on their feet. Taylor isn't too crazy about them yet. I hate, repeat, hate the rain, due to wheelchairs, dogs, and dragging pants that always get sopping wet. I'm pretty sure I'm the boss of the house, but Taylor is giving me a run for my money :) I love Sadie's wings!!

Rachael said...

I think I am the boss of the family and I think everyone agrees!
I wasn't lucky enough to have Cabbage Patch kids! I didn't get the 'in' thing when I was little! Never had KEDS either! :(
I love the rain but enough is enough already! My garage smells wet and old with the car sitting in it all wet!

Eric said...

FYI, Sadie said she was the Tooth Fairy and was looking for teeth to put in her bag

Eric said...

I also want to say that my favorite part of any day is getting attacked at the door by my kids!

Amy Darrington-Baird said...

Your posts always make me think and laugh. My two favorite things!!