2 year old birthday's are nice. They basically have no idea what it means to have a birthday, so there is no pressure to entertain them all day long, or plan some elaborate party. Not that we ever have elaborate parties, but you catch my drift.


Since Christmas, we have been discussing Sadie's birthday, and trying to get her to switch from saying she is
uno to dos. She hasn't quite mastered it. When we ask her if she is two, she just says "On my birthday." Not realizing her birthday has already happened. She also has been saying, "My birthday's
comin'", at least 5 times a day. I just love this girl.
First up: Opening Presents






She would open each present (very slowly), but once it was open she would drop it almost instantly to move onto another gift.

Megan made Sadie this little book based on her favorite song of the moment, "The Foolish Man, And The Wise Man."

Jackson decided to give her his fire hat, because she loves to wear it. I thought both gifts were so thoughtful. I love this picture or her opening the fire hat gift. I have no recollection of what Megan and Jackson are laughing at, but it must have been hilarious.
Then we headed out to dinner. Since Sadie would not decide, I decided we would go to
Macayo's.


She seemed happy with my choice.
Time for cake!

She needed extra help blowing out her candles.

But no help eating it all up. I had taken her to the grocery store to choose what type of cake she wanted. Despite Megan desperately trying to get her to pick chocolate, she chose vanilla cake with vanilla icing.
Before bed, the kids tried out one of Sadie's new toys.



I think my little Sade had a very happy 2nd birthday!
9 comments:
What a cute birthday! I laughed out loud about trying to get Sadie to say "dos" years old. What a personality!
I love her pig tails. They are the best. What a fun birthday. It is fun to plan a party for 2 year olds because they have no expectations, it is awesome.
I am with Melissa - I just love those pig tails. It seems like all of a sudden her hair is growing so fast. She is sucha cutie, too. You did a great job ~ and Macayos ~ my very favorite.
she changed from a baby to a little girl so quickly!
i love 2 year olds..they are so dang cute and funny! my 2 year old says dos too when people ask her age.
How fun!!! Does she love her sit and spin? Where is my piece of cake???
Sadie's hair looks so long! Happy Birthday Sadie. Hope you guys had a good holiday. We missed you:)
Happy Birthday to little Sadie. She is so cute, Sarah. The pics of her in here where it shows her cute little profile make me smile. She has such cute cheeks. Congrats, again, on an adorable family.
Post a Comment