Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009

We started out Christmas Eve by having dinner with some good friends. After dinner we went on a fun little excursion (which I will blog about later), and then rushed home to get ready for Santa! First we all picked out which present to open.

They had such a hard time deciding, but Jackson and Megan finally chose to open the gifts they had bought for each other, and Sadie opened one from Grandma and Grandpa. Jackson wanted Eric and I to open the gifts he bought for us, so of course we did. He bought Eric a watch and me some bubble bath. He made sure to tell me he looked for the biggest bottle he could find.

My little creative spirit, Megan, made this outfit out of wrapping paper and declared herself, "The Christmassy Lamanite."

We also tracked Santa on the computer.

And of course left him pictures, cookies and milk.

After reading The Christmas Story from The Bible, the kids were off to bed, and Eric and I were off to wrap gifts. 4 hours later, we emerged victorious and were off to bed. There is nothing like procrastinating until Christmas Eve. Don't judge me, I have been busy this year.

One of my very favorite parts of Christmas is when the kids come in my room, after seeing the tree, and say so excitedly, "Mom, Santa came!"

Then we opened presents!

We spent all day the rest of the day playing. It was great, and very messy.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!!!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Looks like fun! The clean up is such a pain. We put boxes up against one wall and each time they opened something they had to put it in the box so everything was in one area! The poor trash people today!

Kellie DeMille said...

I love the picture of the tissue paper flying. That was our Christmas too :) The clean up is THE WORST!! I figure I get at least a week to get things back in order right?

Sheree Flick Photography said...

Looks like a fabulous Christmas. I can't wait until the kids start coming for us and we can see Christmas through their eyes too. Merry Christmas!