Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Jackson On Jackson And Presley

I love living in Las Vegas. Last night we were down on the strip and just look at who we ran into. I don't know of any other place where I could run into Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley on the same night! As we were leaving, my little Jackson remarked about Michael Jackson, "I thought he was dead." Oh to be 5 again!

The topic of death got me thinking about a conversation my friend Amy relayed to me a few weeks ago. She was bringing Jackson and her two kids home from a party. Apparently a Michael Jackson song came on the radio, which sparked some interest. They all concurred that drugs had killed Michael. The topic of drugs naturally brought them to the topic of Elvis, and Amy's kids told Jackson that drugs had also killed Elvis Presley. But Jackson replied, "I don't know about Elvis Presley, but I do know about Elvis. And Elvis died of a heart attack." I am almost positive we have never discussed the death of Elvis, or heart attacks for that matter. But apparently that doesn't matter. 5 year olds form their own opinions.

2 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

How funny to see Elvis and Michael working the same corner! That Jackson is ahaead of his time. Good luck Sarah!

Rachael said...

Too funny!