


Then we went to check into our cabin. It was super spacious, with two bedrooms, a huge jacuzzi tub, a kitchenette, wood-burning fireplace, rocking chairs, and even had an adorable little Christmas tree. It exceeded my expectations and was perfect.









We decided to only ski half-day. Thank goodness we did, because I am pretty sure my body couldn't have made it an entire day since I haven't skied for at least 15 years! On our honeymoon Eric and I were both snowboarders, but I have finally accepted the fact that I don't enjoy snowboarding, even though I think it is super cool. Oh and, I am not very good at it. So I decided to ski, and Eric decided to join me. Thank goodness he did, because I would say at least 90% of everyone there was snowboarding! What happened to all the skiers out there?
We also ate at some great restaurants, watched some movies, and played some games. All of which Eric won! We had a really wonderful time, and so did my kids, since they were able to stay with Grandma! Thanks, Mom!!









8 comments:
That looks like it was so much fun! I am a skiier converted to snowboarding, which I think is MUCH easier than skiing :-) I tried skiing again in college and totally sucked at it. Happy anniversary!!!
Wow, what a fun anniversary! I think snowboarding HAS to be easier than skiing. For some reason I have a fear of the ski pole or ski poking my eye out. But it's all moo, since I hate the cold and have been maybe three times in this life and don't forsee a skiing or snowboarding career in my future :)
That looks like a lot of fun. I have heard a lot of people talk about Big Bear and how pretty it is. Now I really want to go. Happy Anniversary!!!
Looks like so much fun! I love to ski and really miss going (it's been about 5 years since I have gone). Sounds like a great anniversary!
I didn't know they had alpine slides there, I have such found memories of our family vacations across the border from Washington to Canada and doing alpine slides. Looks like a great weekend!
Big Bear is another place I wanted to visit and never did. I remember in an earlier post of yours you said you would rather do things than have things, I totally agree. Looks like you had a wonderful time.
Happy Anniversary!! Looks like you two love birds had a great time!! I am jealous!! Nate and I have still not left the kids for a whole weekend. I am looking forward to the day!!
It looks like you guys had a great time! I can't wait to go skiing next year (wink, wink)! So fun! I much rather ski and board (I am so cool, I use the lingo too)
Post a Comment