Monday, August 31, 2009

The Neverending Newspaper

Time for another secret confession. I haven't looked through any of my newspapers for an entire month. Okay probably more like 6 weeks. I can't take it. It is too overwhelming. Just when I thought I could tackle the project, I was informed by the Review Journal that not only would I be getting my 4 Sunday newspapers, but they were throwing in daily newspapers for free, for the remainder of my contract. Don't they realize that paper clutter drives me crazy? Don't they realize that I don't have time to go through scads of weekly newspapers? Don't they realize how guilty I feel when I look at this pile and think about all of money I could be saving?


I will leave you with a little tidbit my darling husband said to me on Sunday after looking at the ever-growing pile:

"So, Sarah how's the couponing going?"

I should have punched him. He thinks he is so funny.

9 comments:

Melissa B said...

I was a little annoyed when I found out I would be getting yet another paper EVERY DAY too! Do they really think I even read it? The good thing about the coupons is that they don't expire for a few months so at least you have some time to organize them and they will still be useful. Good luck.

bloodfamily said...

Sarah you make me laugh....I knew that that would end up happening to me. That's why I didn't do the subscription thing. I would have paid GOOD money to see you hit your hubby! So really, what are you gonna do with all those papers? Can I help you sort???

bloodfamily said...

Hey Bart just suggested that you have HIM go through those papers for you.

Jossie said...

Ha ha! I hate the paper clutter too!

Nancy said...

I'm with ya! I am so done. I am sick of the newspapers piling up and I can't take anymore of Dave's torment. When does it end???

Kellie DeMille said...

Sarah! The RS is making me do a couponing class next week, is it really awful? I wonder if anyone will come.

Cardalls said...

I quit my subscription and buy them at the dollar store on Monday mornings...go through and put the coupons away and throw the rest in my recycling bin! Our school has a newspaper recycling bin in the front and get $$ for the papers. I don't coupon nearly like I used too...the time it takes drives me nuts!

Rachael said...

I am over it!!!!!!!!!!

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

When I get the paper on Sunday, I remove the coupons and immediately toss the rest of the paper. It is tough to have all of that clutter around. It also helps to have a little file to put your coupons in. If you need help, let me know. I do understand that coupons aren't for everyone. I go through phases were I slack off and then I do really well. Good luck!