Thursday, August 20, 2009

Meg and Sade

Oh how lucky I am that Megan loves Sadie so much. They are so similar. Both fiercely independent, know who they are women who embrace life with a sense of fearlessness.

Sade adores Meg. And the feeling is mutual. If Sade is feeling a bit sad, or a bit mad at Eric or I, she looks first to Megan. And Megan always responds with copious amounts of attention and affection.

They are so similar, that I often wonder how Megan would be now if she hadn't been my first child. She was a tough baby, but Sadie was too. I think what is different has been how I reacted to each. I am now more easy going. A fit doesn't bother me too much. I was more strict with Megan which probably positively caused her to become responsible, but negatively could have caused her to care a bit more what I think than maybe she should. I wonder if Sadie will retain her stubbornness, or develop much the same as Megan. At least they can complain to each other about me.

7 comments:

Jossie said...

Cute :-) That is so neat that they are close like that despite the age difference. Me and my sister (she is 10 years younger) have the same closeness although we are two very different people :-)

Rachael said...

And another similarity is that they are both beautiful! They are lucky to have each other! I do feel bad that Alexis won't know what it is like to have a sister.

Cardalls said...

That is so cute! What a great big sister Megan is!

Kellie DeMille said...

I think they can appreciate each other being so far apart in age. I still can't appreciate my sisters they drive me insane and always will, I fear:)

bloodfamily said...

They will always be able to find a true friend in each other. That's a comfort - don't you think?

Ralaina said...

That is so cute that they have such a great relationship. You are so funny to make note that they can complain to each other about you. Isn't that a scary thought that our kids might gang up on us and our parenting will come back to haunt us. Mine will anyway. I'm sure they will have a hard time holding anything over you. You are just the cutest mom and it shows in your sweet kids. :) Love and miss ya!

Kim G said...

I love her room. I want to do the wood thing to one of my spare rooms. You have such a beautiful family!