Friday, August 14, 2009

Five For Friday-Plague Edition

1. If you are sick and tired of looking at my blog and seeing sick and tired kids, well I am sick and tired of it too. Guess who woke up with a fever this morning?

That's right my little man Jackson. I cannot fathom what is going on. I have kids that don't get sick. I am pretty sure Jackson has never had an antibiotic and Sadie had her very first trip to the Dr.'s last week. Isn't it summer?

2. This horse has been a member of our family for about 4 years. It has never been played with much, but lo and behold when I moved it into my room to get it ready to sell, it has become a mecca of playtime enjoyment.

Each of the children has taken many rides over the last few days. Who knew a change of location could provide so much enjoyment.

3. Megan takes after me and can never decide what to have for lunch. She is not a fan of sandwiches so our choices tend to be limited. Often it consists of something like this:

Grapes, Applesauce, Tangerine. If only I enjoyed fruit, I too could eat this healthy. By the way I continued with my lunch toast diet.

4. Last night we went and watched Eric play church basketball. For some reason we don't often go watch when he plays basketball, although we were always frequent spectators at softball games.

There were not even any fights, so watching was even more enjoyable than usual.

5. Be ready to be impressed. It is no secret I do not like to cook, but today something came over me, and this was the result.

7 meals! Now if only I felt like having any of it for dinner.

"Do you think my abundance of sick children is punishment for something, am I supposed to be learning some sort of lesson, or is it just plain bad luck?
Should I keep the horse?
Do you enjoy fruit?
Do you ever bulk cook?"

5 comments:

Rachael said...

What meals did you end up making?
I love fruit...have you done grilled pineapple? It is the best!
I really hope Jackson is the last to get sick!

Kellie DeMille said...

Tyson was just crazy sick and I didn't have the slightest clue what to do. He was puking everywhere and couldn't keep anything down. He was so sad he didn't know what was happening and then thinking about it we realise he has never puked except when he was a baby. I think something's just going around and sadly it's your turn again. I never cook bulk, I feel like I do it every day anyway, with 3 grown men to feed. I'd keep the horse :)

bloodfamily said...

No - I don't think that you are being punished with your kids' sickness. They are just getting it out of the way before school starts! I love fresh fruit when it is the correct ripeness. Most grocery store fruit don't taste right though. I don't cook in bulk because I am like you - I hate to cook. I'd keep the horse too.

Cardalls said...

i only bulk cooked when i was doing meals for the month with you guys...that's the only time it's enjoyable is when it's also a social event.

Melissa Summers said...

No I never bulk cook. I would keep the horse. Keep your kids away from my kids I do not want what they have. :)