Friday, August 28, 2009

Five For Friday-Kryptonite Edition

1. I have an obsession. Well I have many obsessions, but this one is particularly unhealthy. Last night Eric had to make a quick run to the store because we were once again out of diapers. Now my will power was at a low (I had already resisted Dr. Pepper all day) and I was feeling a bit hungrier than normal, so I asked him to pick me up some crumb doughnuts. Now I CANNOT resist these, and therefore do not keep them in my house. It is bad enough if we have a little six pack of them, but bringing home a box this size is never good. I had 2 last night, and have had 3 already today. They are so small, how can they be so calorie laden?



2. I am having a major, major, huge, soap scum, film, dishwashing problem. I recently switched dishwashing soaps (from Cascade to Electrasol), and wonder if that could be the cause. Seriously, these glasses are supposed to be clear!


3. Just a few spaghetti mess shots of Sade.

Doesn't she look mad? Incidentally, last night after eating our spaghetti Sadie was complaining to Eric and I that her nose was bothering her. We both looked but did not see anything amiss. Well about half an hour later, we hear a loud sneeze, and saw a giant spaghetti noodle hanging out of her nose! It was about 6 inches long. The poor thing. I'm just glad she was able to sneeze it out.

4. I mistakenly thought that with the kids back in school, my life would slow down and I would have a bit more free time. It seems the opposite is true. I am sure that making my way back and forth to the school 3 times a day has something to do with it. I had forgot what a pain it is to pick up a Kindergartner.

5. Speaking of Kindergartners, look who is home from school today. 4 days in, and I already have a sick kid. Looks like nothing too serious, just a cold and cough.



"What food can you not resist?
Any ideas about what I can do about my disgusting soap scum problem?
Is your life busier with kids in school?
Any sick kids at your house?"

9 comments:

Brooke Low said...

We love the sour cream old fashioned donuts at Smiths. It's a good thing I haven't been able to find them here. Now to the soap scum problem. I've heard that a lot of times it is a problem with the water fill or the water temperature. Don't ask me how you fix this problem, just what I've heard.

bloodfamily said...

We had spaghetti last night too, but no spaghetti in the nose (that I know of). But, been there and done that - hey at least it wasn't in there for days! I too have that soap scum problem with my dishes as well, and I have tried changing soaps - no luck. So if you find out a solution, please share. As for the school thing, I am kind of in a funk because my kids "don"t need me" now. They are driving themselves to school, and I feel lost. I can't seem to motivate myself to do anything - feeling not needed. No kids sick so far, but I know that chicken pox are going around. As for a food that I just can't resist - probably chips ahoy cookies. I have to say that I have never tried one of thos donuts, but they do look delish!

Rachael said...

That is hilarious that she sneezed out a noodle! So funny!
I can't believe Jackson is sick again. That is crazy!
Those dishes are crazy cloudy!! Something is not right. What about using Jet Dry?

Cardalls said...

Water softener is the only thing that saved my glass.

I can't resist chocolate brownies/donuts/cookies/cake.

I am busier with kids in school because younger children now want ME To be their playmates!

Graham said...

My dishes always look like that and I have tried everything. I think it is just the water here. I am crazy addicted to Pepsi and trying to quit drinking it, but I also have zero willpower. I will totally pick Jackson up everyday or take him too. I was thinking about how many trips you have to make and it would suck. Let me know.

Kellie DeMille said...

I love that Sadie had a noodle in her nose, I swear these kids get food in the most interesting places. I can't think of any food I am addicted to other than chocolate. I do freak out if donuts are in the house, I love ANY kind of donut. That stinks that Jackson is sick again!

Kate said...

Oh my gosh, that spaghetti out of the nose story just made me laugh so hard. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle Alley said...

Wow, it's been awhile since I've been to your blog! Poor thing, spaghetti up her nose - ouch!

We had soap scum like that in CA and In UT, I can't remember what I did to get rid of it - or if I just lived with it!

I'm at http://www.ahappyheartblog.blogspot
.com

Michelle :)

Matt & Mandy Evans said...

hey sarah I had the same problem when I switched to electrosol and so I went back. The solution to getting it off and yes it did work is put all the dishes in the washer with a bottle of vinegar and let it go through a cycle and they will be sparkly again :)
Im glad I am not the only one with a donut obsession.