Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Danger Zone

Sadie has an independent spirit. She will not hold a hand while crossing the street, insists on walking everywhere, and tries her very hardest to get in the car BY HERSELF, until admitting defeat and allowing a little helping hand. She is also fearless. All of my kids have been fairly fearless until they were about one, when they seemed to discover that they could get hurt, but Sadie's fearlessness has continued on. It is scary, but somehow I got over MY fear to document some of it!

Last night I walked in the living room to find the children performing this trick. Let Sadie climb onto a stool 3 1/2 feet off the ground (over concrete floors), and then jump to a waiting 5 year old.



There is even video, which proudly displays her independence. When Megan attempts to help Sade onto the stool, you can see Sadie's indignant reaction.

Here Jackson and Sadie document a slight variation of the first trick. This time Sadie is standing on an inch and a half piece of wood.

In this picture Jackson apparently got too close which forced Sadie to hold her hands up to stop him. She is also waving them around and staying "no, no, no" continually.

Lastly just a couple of pics of Sadie throwing herself around the couch, with Eric trying to avoid imminent danger.


If you enlarge this picture, you will see that Sadie looks just about happier than I have ever seen her look. Apparently danger agrees with her.

4 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

I thought Megan swinging on the trampoline poles was scary! Good luck with your littlest dare devil!

Rachael said...

That is funny! Miss Independent!!! It scares me when they have to do these things!

Kate said...

I can totally hear your voice waver in that video. I would be freaking.

Sheree Flick Photography said...

Ummm... Would it be disturbing if I said I want to eat her?