Tuesday, October 28, 2008

SPT


This month's challenge provides us the opportunity to spend some time with ourselves. Lelly says, "This month we will consult our 100 lists. It's quite simple, really. On the 7th of the month post an SPT about item #7 on your list. On the 14th of the month, post an SPT about #14. And so on and so on.

My #28 on my 100 list reads:

I always try my best.

Epiphany moment! After completing a project this weekend, and thinking about this SPT I have realized that I don't always try my best. What? Who is this girl?
Case in point: This weekend my husband and I were working on a scarecrow for my daughter's 3rd grade class. Her teacher had called me a few weeks ago and asked me to make one for the Halloween carnival this week. Of course, I agreed (I also have a hard time saying no). So for the last few weeks I have been trying to picture what exactly this scarecrow was going to look like. Being able to visualize the final product is difficult for me, so it was taking me quite a bit of time. So I enlisted the help of my husband who doesn't have a problem with visualization. I told him what I wanted, and he was able to make it happen. We shopped for all of the supplies and worked on the scarecrow all weekend. It took a very long time! So yesterday (Monday) we discovered that it was slightly unstable. It was about 8:30 p.m. and I was supposed to drop it off in the morning. So my husband (who really does always try his best), started working on a solution. When I asked him what he was doing, and he told me, I sort of freaked out. He had envisioned a detailed piece of wood cut into the shape of witch's feet, that we would spray paint black and mount to her, to make her more stable. Now, it was getting late, the kids were not yet in bed, and we had spent countless hours on her already. Needless to say I not so calmly nixed that idea. Here's where the epiphany comes in. I don't always try my best. Making witch's feet is a much better idea, but I didn't want to do it. So I may revise my #28 to say, "I never drop the ball."

I have realized there is no picture of me in this SPT. But I may have looked just like this witch last night while freaking out. Just try and "visualize" it.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

she is lovely! i would have freaked out myself (just read last week's post...)

i think we might need to do an spt challenge that involves our collective inability to "just say no!!"

Rachael said...

Oh the stress of getting it done! It turned out great though! I bet they loved it!

Aranne and Dan said...

The scarecrow looks great. Happy Halloween to you!

Missy said...

way cute witch!

Jeanette said...

How cute! Such talent you have.

Cardalls said...

very cute and i would have freaked out now...i think trying your best doesn't have to be perfection especially at bedtime!

Jossie said...

That was such a cute post! She looks great!

mommy nurse said...

I can see you!! Way to pool your resouces, what would we do w/ out our husbands!

Cecilia said...

Good job to you and your husband! I think she looks great!

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

Cute witch!

The Monkeys said...

You did a great job and that is close enough to feet! You've got talent

Dacia said...

What a cute witch. Looks like a job well done to me!