
This month's challenge provides us the opportunity to spend some time with ourselves. Lelly says, "This month we will consult our 100 lists. It's quite simple, really. On the 7th of the month post an SPT about item #7 on your list. On the 14th of the month, post an SPT about #14. And so on and so on.
On my birthday 100 list, #21 reads:
I gain all of my weight in my stomach.
Oh my! If anyone thinks I would actually post a picture of my stomach, they are crazy. So instead I will post a picture (with a little help from a male model) of how I attempt to hide it.
First, I never buy tight shirts. Shirts that skim my stomach area are much more flattering. I know my limitations. Second, I am also careful of the pants I buy. The correct rise is very important. Most of you will agree that there are not many things (clothing wise) that are worse than muffin top. And lastly, and most importantly, I don't often leave home without my tummy sucking in fake Spanx from Kohl's (much cheaper and they do the job).
By the way, even when I lose weight my stomach stays the same size. This is so unfair. Without my tricks I could pass for pregnant, and believe me I have been asked more than once. One day, I may get a tummy tuck, but until then I will continue to attempt to hide it. However, I have found one benefit to gaining weight in my stomach: I don't have stretch marks. My stomach was already a bit stretched out. Look at me looking at the brighter side of things!
By the way, even when I lose weight my stomach stays the same size. This is so unfair. Without my tricks I could pass for pregnant, and believe me I have been asked more than once. One day, I may get a tummy tuck, but until then I will continue to attempt to hide it. However, I have found one benefit to gaining weight in my stomach: I don't have stretch marks. My stomach was already a bit stretched out. Look at me looking at the brighter side of things!
12 comments:
i love your red top! i fear i will be addressing this subject next week...
Love this picture of you-you sexy thing! You always look great. Love those skinny little legs! Lucky you! You and I can go in together for a tummy tuck!
Me too!!! And you're right- those low rise pants are only for girls 13-18 who haven't had kids yet. Maybe a group tummy tuck.....
Oh, if only my weight gain were ONLY in my stomach. Instead of my arms, my hips, my thighs, my ear lobes...
You are beautiful! Your eyes are far too gorgeous for anyone to start looking for something to criticize!
Wow, I too wish it was only in my stomach. Actually, I wish it was nowhere, but hey, I need to be a realist. You look great and good for you for wearing clothes that fit you right!
I love the shirt. I am a saddle bag gal myself and those are not easy to hide. I have thought of a good lipo, but decided that my reaction to medication where I stop breathing might just stop me from doing that!
I think you look great! Seriously, though, don't people know by now to NEVER ask a woman if she is pregnant, even when it is completely obvious? You SO couldn't pass for pregnant, BTW. You're awesome!
Fake spanx? Hmmm I'll have to check that out. Great post!
I totally gain weight in my stomach as well and i hate the spanx i have to say. so i guess i have to deal with the fact that people ask if i'm pg!
you look great.. but amen to the tummy tuck I am right there with ya on this one.
I never leave my house on Sunday without my Spanx.
It's funny how it's different for everyone...at least you know what works for you and you go with it.
I get my fake spanx at Target. It makes my husband laugh that the brand name there is 'Assets'. Yeah whatever.
Post a Comment