Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Celebration

I started off my birthday celebrations by having lunch with my two friends Rachael and Rachel. We went to Zaba's, my most favorite place.

(Our Entourage: Jackson, Sadie, Connor and Eli)

They also gave me the most thoughtful gifts. This summer whenever I went swimming at Rachael's house I brought all of our swim paraphernalia in a large plastic garbage bag. Rachael, seeing my choice of bag, determined that I was in dire need of a large bag, and so got me this oh so cute one. She also got me a gift certificate to Zaba's. My other Rachel friend, having read on my blog that Moonlight Path products from Bath & Body Works were my favorite, got me this cute gift basket, along with these super comfy socks.

When I got home I found these packages waiting for me. My mom had sent me this great bracelet, and my friend Behnaz had sent me all of these books. She always sends me the books she has read, and every time I receive them I feel like it is my birthday. This time they actually arrived on my birthday, and I was so excited.

After Eric got home, I got to open my presents. Eric and the kids got me some great jewelry, a new iron, a new camera, and fingernail polish (my most favorite gift to get).

After opening presents we headed out to Macaroni Grill. It was good as always. I love celebrating birthdays at Macaroni Grill because they give you this huge, huge piece of cake at the end (for free). It is big enough to feed all of us.

Like I said I had a great day, but the best part came towards the end of it. Through eye contact my little Jackson got my attention from across the table, smiled at me, and said "Happy Birthday Mommy." It melted my heart.

Thank you all of you that had lunch with me, called me, left me messages, texted me, e-mailed me, sent me cards, or just thought of me. You are all so great!

3 comments:

Yvonne S. said...

Happy Birthday Sarah!!! You and Tanner were born one year and one day apart. He is Oct. 1, 1978 and just turned 30! Looks like you had a great birthday! I love being spoiled for my birthday and it looks like you were! Jackson looks so much like a McClellan boy!!! What a cutie!

Rachael said...

How sweet of Jackson to do that! Today Eli looks at me all lovingly and said, Hi Mommy! It was soooo sweet! Little boys rock!

rachel said...

What a sweetie that little Jackson is!! Thanks for inviting me to lunch, I had a great time!