Thursday, July 31, 2008

Jackson's 4th Birthday

Yesterday was Jackson's 4th birthday. We started off the celebration by opening presents. He told me to make sure I picked out wrapping paper that was "boyish." Hopefully we met his demands (ignore the pink bag on the side).



Megan made Jackson this special box to put his favorite car in.

With a little encouragement from Megan, Jackson chose to eat at Sweet Tomatoes. They gave him a big bag of chocolate chip cookies to take home.


Next we headed over to race some go-carts and ride on some rides. First we hit the roller coaster which Jackson refused to ride on. Megan actually went on it, but was plastered in fear against me the entire time.

Then Eric took the kids on the big slides. If you enlarge the picture you will see the look of fear on Jackson's face. He refused to go on it again. Megan, however, loved it and went multiple times.


The go-carts were definitely the best attraction. The kids both loved driving them.


I think the highlight of my evening was that Eric and I got to play the Chinese handcuff trick on the kids.


We got home pretty late, but made sure to sing Happy Birthday, and blow out candles before bed.


5 comments:

Rachael said...

That look on his face is hilarious! Oh I want to take Eli! I will have to measure him to see if he is tall enough!
Looks like he got a good loot of stuff! I love that Megan made that box for him! Eli will have to come over for some play time! Maybe we could start lunches again!

Melissa B said...

I am cracking up at the frightened look on the slide! Where was all this? Looks like it would be so much fun, Tessa might even enjoy it.

Sarah said...

It was at the Las Vegas Mini Grand Prix. It is over on Rainbow just past Lake Mead.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! He's so cute Sarah...really. What a good little boy and big brother. Looks like a fun birthday.

Ralaina said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! Wow, he is a handsome boy! You guys have had some really fun birthdays. Sadie looks like a little doll in the pictures-so adorable!