Tuesday, February 5, 2008

SPT-Self-Portrait Tuesday

This week's SPT challenge:

The other day, I was in my _____________, and I noticed this _______________. My only thought was, "Why do I still have this hanging around my house?!?"

This past week I don't know what has come over me but I have been organizing and throwing things away like crazy. However, when I read this SPT I realized I clearly had forgotten to throw something away that desperately needed to be.

So:

The other day, I was in my kitchen, and I noticed this bowl of Halloween candy. My only thought was, "Why do I still have this hanging around my house?!?"



I do realize that Halloween was 4 months ago, but somehow this giant orange bowl has been allowed permanent residence on my refrigerator. It has been refilled with some Christmas candy, but now all that is left is the candy nobody in my house wants to eat. So today I am throwing it away. Of course, I will have to wait until the kids go to bed, or you know I will hear desperate pleading to keep it.

8 comments:

Rachael said...

LOVE IT! I had no idea that is what you were going to do!

Unknown said...

thanks for linking to spt!! this is a perfect thing to get rid of (i recently got rid of some of my son's halloween candy... from LAST year!)

Brooke Low said...

Sarah I am so excited you found me! I am glad I am not the only one who keeps halloween candy around. I still can't get myself to throw it away!

Amy said...

I am laughing because I just threw mine out two weeks ago!

Amy said...

I can't stop laughing at the pic of Eric's beard! That's awesome. You new blog background looks soo good. I too have halloween candy ontop of my fridge. How funny.

Amy said...

Is that your new floor behind your name plaque? What a cute idea! I LOVE IT!

Jossie said...

You seriously crack me up! I love reading your blog because it's exactly how you talk. You're SO cute!

Melody said...

That's funny. Cute pic! Did you at least save the chocolate? I think we ate all of our halloween candy, pretty quick this year, then Christmas came and we ate all of that too!:) I love the holidays!!!