We have been hit with major computer woes (!!!) and consequently all aspects of my life have suffered, including (and especially) my blog. But in an effort to get back on track, I now present Eric's 43rd birthday celebration!
Some background: A bit before his birthday I discovered that the Seahawks would be playing in Arizona the day after his birthday. I determined that this would be the perfect gift and came up with an elaborate ruse that would get Eric off of work and still keep the secret of the game tickets. So, after getting confirmation that Eric could indeed go out of town for the needed days I ordered the tickets.
And then.......
10 minutes later the credit card company called him to verify the charge! Oh the humanity!! All of the lies I had told had been for naught. It was depressing. For me. I hate a ruined surprise.
Anyway...Eric was a good sport about it and pretended he didn't know.
We had him open the tickets before we went out to dinner so we could discuss the upcoming trip.
Acting surprised:




After arriving back home he opened the rest of the gifts, which included things like mouthwash, shoes and gum:






After present opening the lucky duck went to Young Men's. And I am not even using the term lucky duck sarcastically. I always LOVED going to Young Women's and Eric may love Young Men's ALMOST as much.
Upon arriving home it was cake time:



Happy Birthday Eric!
And then.......
10 minutes later the credit card company called him to verify the charge! Oh the humanity!! All of the lies I had told had been for naught. It was depressing. For me. I hate a ruined surprise.
Anyway...Eric was a good sport about it and pretended he didn't know.
We had him open the tickets before we went out to dinner so we could discuss the upcoming trip.
Acting surprised:
After arriving back home he opened the rest of the gifts, which included things like mouthwash, shoes and gum:
After present opening the lucky duck went to Young Men's. And I am not even using the term lucky duck sarcastically. I always LOVED going to Young Women's and Eric may love Young Men's ALMOST as much.
Upon arriving home it was cake time:
Happy Birthday Eric!
3 comments:
I am so sorry the surprise was ruined! That Eric is such a good sport to at least act surprised :) What an awesome birthday gift! I hope the Seahawks didn't disappoint. After telling Jason about this he is going to expect the same thing if the 49ers are in AZ. Oh the pressure... That cake looks super yummy. An almost surprise trip to AZ and homemade cake, I would like to officially cast my vote for wife of the year to Sarah McClellan :)
What an awesome birthday surprise! I would have been so mad, but great acting on Eric's part.
I hate when a surprise gets ruined!! What a bummer! Mouthwash and gum....giving him a hint??
Post a Comment