Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Spring Preserving & Winter Flowers

No school vacation would be complete without an excursion to the Springs Preserve. This time to see The Palace Of Exotic Wonders! (FYI: The new exhibit is only open through Jan. 13th if you want to see it).


The exhibit it filled with freaky insects and spiders from around the world:



Sade preparing herself for the flash flood exhibit:



I had never noticed this particular hand placement before this trip:



Jackson saying, "Excuse me sir, excuse me. Do you know where we're going?"



The weather was pleasant so we spent a lot of time at the outside exhibits and then on the playground:

 

After leaving the Preserve, we had lunch at Wendy's (my very favorite fast food) and then went to the Bellagio to see their winter/Christmas display:



We felt that it was seriously sub-par to the way it has been in past:



But still good to see.




I do believe this marks the end of our Chritmas festivities.

1 comment:

Kellie DeMille said...

I have to agree that the Bellagio has done better. I did like the gingerbread houses though and thought it was genius that they used frosted mini wheats for the roof.