Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bucket List Item #1

When constructing my bucket list last year the first thing I wrote down was:
SEE THE EAGLES IN CONCERT!

I love the Eagles.

My two favorite songs of all time are, "Life In The Fast Lane", and "Take It Easy" (which you may remember mentions Winslow, AZ, the destination of Bucket List Item #16!).

So when I heard the Eagles were coming on December 30th, I knew I had to purchase tickets.

I have been to a lot of concerts in my day, mostly in my high school and college years, so I know the scene. Generally lots of standing, dancing, partying, and crowd singing.

This wasn't quite the same.

Although I did catch a few whiffs of marijuana, there was not much standing or crowd singing. And most of the dancing was performed seated.

Since I was -7 and Eric was +1 when the Eagles released their first album we were decidedly some of the youngest concert goers there.

As we took our seats, the 4 people behind us who were in their late 70's or 80's complained loudly and cantankerously that us younguns' were probably standers and would block their view.

It was hilarious, and kind of joyous to be considered younguns' at ages 35 and 42.

Soon The Eagles took to the stage, and I didn't stop smiling for the next 2 hours.




See those teeny-tiny dots on the stage? That's them.



Maybe next time I will spring for the $1000 floor seats.

I love a concert and this one did not disappoint. They sang all of their hits, including my two favorite songs. I have them on video and was going to upload them for everyone to hear, but sadly blogger is not allowing me too.

Sniff, sniff.

So instead I will spread cheer by posting self-portraits of Eric and I at the show.



These self-portraits really annoyed the unfriendly concert goers behind us.

I was tempted to turn around and tell them that they had also really annoyed me with their excessive talk about how Mexicans have ruined our country!

Did I mention that one of them was from Canada and thereby a transplant himself?

 But instead of confrontation I'll just complain about them here.

It was another dream come true.





Modeling our new Eagles t-shirts purchased at the show:



2012 was a dream realizing year for me. I was able to complete 5 of my bucket list items!

Bucket List Item #6: Meet Phil Vassar. Click here to see.

Bucket List Item #17: Hold A Snake. Click here to see.

Bucket List Item #16: Stand On A Corner In Winslow, AZ. Click here to see.

Bucket List Item #21: Learn To Trapeze. Click here to see.

and

Bucket List Item #1: See The Eagles In Concert.

I know 2013 will be a dream realizing year too.

1 comment:

Kellie DeMille said...

I love that 70 and 80 year olds are still going to concerts. Maybe the marijuana was from them for their glaucoma :) I must say they probably didn't know that you and Eric were 35 & 42. You two do look like a couple of younguns'! The last concert we went to we got to watch this "Mormon" Mom get totally bombed and talk about how she loves the prophet. *No it was not me, but I do love the prophet* I love that you bought t-shirts. It's a once in a lifetime thing, might as well go for it. Can't wait for this year's new bucket list items!!